Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Performance y vins are here!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just out of curiosity, has anyone WITH a tow hitch received their MYP?

While it is strange and concerning that there hasn't been a MYP w/ tow delivered in a while, if you look at the LR deliveries, many of those have hitches. I think it's just a coincidence. Clearly there isn't a shortage to hitches. I'm guessing/hoping there's going to be a big run of MYPs for end of quarter (which is ironic because that's what I was trying to avoid when I ordered towards the beginning of the Q :) )

Reactions: NASASpaceXlove
While it is strange and concerning that there hasn't been a MYP w/ tow delivered in a while, if you look at the LR deliveries, many of those have hitches. I think it's just a coincidence. Clearly there isn't a shortage to hitches. I'm guessing/hoping there's going to be a big run of MYPs for end of quarter (which is ironic because that's what I was trying to avoid when I ordered towards the beginning of the Q :) )

I'm guessing coincidence as well. The hitch can be installed at a service center, so it could easily be installed post-assembly. It's not something that needs to go in on the line.

Damn, if I don’t get my VIN soon I’ll be coming up on my 3rd valuation of my trade in, and probably another TD Bank financing refresh....which are both scary. Technically my order date says April of 2020 but I officially completed the order process on October 16th. I managed to delay my delivery because the Model Y went into production way earlier than anticipated and my lease still had a year left, and there was no way I was going to pay off my lease that soon, and nobody would give me what the payoff is. Finally got the payoff down to an amount that Tesla is giving me more than what my payoff is, but I still haven’t gotten a VIN. I’ll be gone for 2 weeks for Christmas and they keep telling me my delivery will be at the end of December timeframe, but I don’t have a VIN to even know if that’s true. Meanwhile, people are getting VIN’s and deliveries, and I’m about to get the ole shaft again soon if I don’t hear something soon. I’m beginning to think that Tesla keeps delaying my VIN and delivery because they want me to keep paying down my lease so they don’t have to give me as much as they originally valued my vehicle at. They OWE me money right now, but I bet my next valuation on my trade in comes in at what my payoff is (my next lease payment is December 15th), and THEN they’ll issue a VIN. Which if true, that’s dirty because my delivery could happen while I’m gone, and I’ll miss out and won’t be able to take delivery. Anyone think I’m crazy or right? Oh yeah, I’m in Maryland so it’s not like there hasn’t been any deliveries around here, or even further from me. Definitely has been, and by people who have ordered after I have.

Damn, if I don’t get my VIN soon I’ll be coming up on my 3rd valuation of my trade in, and probably another TD Bank financing refresh....which are both scary. Technically my order date says April of 2020 but I officially completed the order process on October 16th. I managed to delay my delivery because the Model Y went into production way earlier than anticipated and my lease still had a year left, and there was no way I was going to pay off my lease that soon, and nobody would give me what the payoff is. Finally got the payoff down to an amount that Tesla is giving me more than what my payoff is, but I still haven’t gotten a VIN. I’ll be gone for 2 weeks for Christmas and they keep telling me my delivery will be at the end of December timeframe, but I don’t have a VIN to even know if that’s true. Meanwhile, people are getting VIN’s and deliveries, and I’m about to get the ole shaft again soon if I don’t hear something soon. I’m beginning to think that Tesla keeps delaying my VIN and delivery because they want me to keep paying down my lease so they don’t have to give me as much as they originally valued my vehicle at. They OWE me money right now, but I bet my next valuation on my trade in comes in at what my payoff is (my next lease payment is December 15th), and THEN they’ll issue a VIN. Which if true, that’s dirty because my delivery could happen while I’m gone, and I’ll miss out and won’t be able to take delivery. Anyone think I’m crazy or right? Oh yeah, I’m in Maryland so it’s not like there hasn’t been any deliveries around here, or even further from me. Definitely has been, and by people who have ordered after I have.

I am in a similar situation. Pretty sure you will get your VIN soon. My 3rd valuation is in process right now on the trade-in. That will determine if I accept the delivery or just keep my M3 and reject it. I understand for valuation to be lowered as the car depreciates, but that is due to Tesla's delays, not mine. I was ready to take the car first thing in Oct (ordered 9/25) and its been crickets until the VIN was assigned yesterday. The fair thing to do would be to honor the original trade-in valuation (as that was the deciding factor in my order), but I will report back what, if anything, comes of it. Good luck!!!

I am in a similar situation. Pretty sure you will get your VIN soon. My 3rd valuation is in process right now on the trade-in. That will determine if I accept the delivery or just keep my M3 and reject it. I understand for valuation to be lowered as the car depreciates, but that is due to Tesla's delays, not mine. I was ready to take the car first thing in Oct (ordered 9/25) and its been crickets until the VIN was assigned yesterday. The fair thing to do would be to honor the original trade-in valuation (as that was the deciding factor in my order), but I will report back what, if anything, comes of it. Good luck!!!
I’ll stay hopeful. And in the meantime, I’ve only put 14 miles on my trade in since October 4th, just to keep the miles off so they don’t value it any lower (luckily we have a Model 3 to drive, and given the pandemic I don’t really need to drive it anyways). Let me know how delivery goes! Thanks for responding back too.

Reactions: Quorky