Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Performance y vins are here!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
MYP ordered 10/23. I switched to long range mid November and then switched back to performance a week ago. When I had the LR in que I received the text message that said 4-6 weeks. Once I switched it back to Performance my estimated delivery in manage page disappeared. I’m in the Bay Area so hoping I’ll receive it December sometime before end of Q4.
Just curious, what made you switch back and forth?

Just curious, what made you switch back and forth?
The price and the speed. Original order was MYP w/ FSD. I’m trading in my sports car and we sold the wife’s “family car” (2018 Explorer Sport) ever since her job went remote. The Model Y is going to be our new family car but since I’m trading in my 480 HP muscle car, I wanted something equivalent speed. I thought a LR would be sufficient for speed AND we could save some money since Tesla is giving me almost 40k for my trade in. I figured we can always purchase FSD later but the LR will only be as fast as the acceleration boost will allow it. I like having a really fast car and if we are planning to keep the Model Y for a long time, I want what I know will make me happy. I just kept thinking that if I don’t get the performance, every time I get in the car I’ll just be resenting it for not being a performance. I’m sure it’s in my head and the LR would be plenty quick but it’s just who I am I guess.
Also with such a huge positive trade in, I’m not putting it all down and will be getting money back from Tesla. So it was also how much money we could get back to put in the bank. It ended up being $8k back with the performance or $16k for a long range. So I switched back to the performance knowing that we will both be happy. I also bought a set of 19” Gemini’s with tires for Tahoe trips or for when the wife drives it

I received a text on Saturday stating my MYP came in early. They gave me the option to pick up today (Sunday) instead on December 1 and I took it. The vehicle had the laminated front windows, metal scrolls on the steering wheel but no USB in glovebox. VIN is 75,xxx. There were a number of issues I identified, most of which were corrected on the spot. There are a few items service will take care of.

I received a text on Saturday stating my MYP came in early. They gave me the option to pick up today (Sunday) instead on December 1 and I took it. The vehicle had the laminated front windows, metal scrolls on the steering wheel but no USB in glovebox. VIN is 75,xxx. There were a number of issues I identified, most of which were corrected on the spot. There are a few items service will take care of.
Congrats!

I forgot to mention I have the auto dimmimg side mirrors as well.

Reactions: Frank N. Stein

Congrats! Post up a few photos once your settled!