Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Performance y vins are here!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My valuation just expired again, too. I text my SA (who is usually very responsive) to ask if I can wait to do another valuation until I get a VIN but haven't received a response. I thought there was a thread on this topic but couldn't find it. Do I need to do another valuation in order to keep my spot or can I wait?

So they did re-eval after I got my Vin... Definitely playing games here. Held it steady through the whole process and then as I have a VIN now and ready to take delivery they hit for $3k+ lower.

Going to force them to deliver the car to the dealer and then will just unassign from the VIN. Will try again next Fall or just cancel altogether and chargeback the order fee through the credit card company.

So they did re-eval after I got my Vin... Definitely playing games here. Held it steady through the whole process and then as I have a VIN now and ready to take delivery they hit for $3k+ lower.

Going to force them to deliver the car to the dealer and then will just unassign from the VIN. Will try again next Fall or just cancel altogether and chargeback the order fee through the credit card company.
That's unfortunate. Their process to evaluate trade-in vehicles is questionable at best. I've heard too many stories about the old bait and switch or lowball values. I personally got lowballed pretty good and decided to make alternative arrangements. In all fairness, some folks have fared well with Tesla for trade-ins. Have you tried Carmax or Carvana?

That's unfortunate. Their process to evaluate trade-in vehicles is questionable at best. I've heard too many stories about the old bait and switch or lowball values. I personally got lowballed pretty good and decided to make alternative arrangements. In all fairness, some folks have fared well with Tesla for trade-ins. Have you tried Carmax or Carvana?

If I go outside of Tesla route, I would lose the tax benefit, and the ease of just swapping out a vehicle in one shot. For this to make sense I would prob need to get closer to 50k for the M3 Stealth that we own. Its not out of the Question, but that involves a lot of time that I just dont have at the moment. I am glad you were able to get your though. Its not like I dont have a car. My wife is very happy though, as she did not want to trade from M3 to MY. Believe it or not (i have said this before) she thinks the MYP is too slow in comparison to M3 Stealth.

If I go outside of Tesla route, I would lose the tax benefit, and the ease of just swapping out a vehicle in one shot. For this to make sense I would prob need to get closer to 50k for the M3 Stealth that we own. Its not out of the Question, but that involves a lot of time that I just dont have at the moment. I am glad you were able to get your though. Its not like I dont have a car. My wife is very happy though, as she did not want to trade from M3 to MY. Believe it or not (i have said this before) she thinks the MYP is too slow in comparison to M3 Stealth.
Sorry to hear that, definitely seems sketchy at best. Tesla trade in value for my vehicle was about $5000 less than what I was able to get from Carvana/Vroom, so that was a no brainer. Here in NJ since there's no tax on Tesla/EV, it didn't matter since there's no tax benefit. I would have gone with Tesla just for the convenience factor alone if they had given a competitive offer.

Reactions: Quorky
I understand the one-stop shop piece. Yeah, the math would have to work out for it to be worth it. Good luck and I hope it works out.

Reactions: Quorky
Damn, if I don’t get my VIN soon I’ll be coming up on my 3rd valuation of my trade in, and probably another TD Bank financing refresh....which are both scary. Technically my order date says April of 2020 but I officially completed the order process on October 16th. I managed to delay my delivery because the Model Y went into production way earlier than anticipated and my lease still had a year left, and there was no way I was going to pay off my lease that soon, and nobody would give me what the payoff is. Finally got the payoff down to an amount that Tesla is giving me more than what my payoff is, but I still haven’t gotten a VIN. I’ll be gone for 2 weeks for Christmas and they keep telling me my delivery will be at the end of December timeframe, but I don’t have a VIN to even know if that’s true. Meanwhile, people are getting VIN’s and deliveries, and I’m about to get the ole shaft again soon if I don’t hear something soon. I’m beginning to think that Tesla keeps delaying my VIN and delivery because they want me to keep paying down my lease so they don’t have to give me as much as they originally valued my vehicle at. They OWE me money right now, but I bet my next valuation on my trade in comes in at what my payoff is (my next lease payment is December 15th), and THEN they’ll issue a VIN. Which if true, that’s dirty because my delivery could happen while I’m gone, and I’ll miss out and won’t be able to take delivery. Anyone think I’m crazy or right? Oh yeah, I’m in Maryland so it’s not like there hasn’t been any deliveries around here, or even further from me. Definitely has been, and by people who have ordered after I have.

FWIW, I ordered on 11/16 and will be taking delivery on 12/14. The only thing that I could think of is that perhaps they bumped me up in the queue as this will be my 4th Tesla. Other than that I have no idea.

Seems like they aren't really producing many performance models at the moment. People on the spreadsheet are building long range cars and getting matched to VINs within days while performance orders seem to be old hold.

Yes, it seems there is a large backlog and yet if one configures a MYP right now the site estimates “2-4 weeks” (for Ohio delivery). Hope that means a big Performance production run is in store soon.

Reactions: kadify
Yes, it seems there is a large backlog and yet if one configures a MYP right now the site estimates “2-4 weeks” (for Ohio delivery). Hope that means a big Performance production run is in store soon.
I saw that too. I got a text on Wednesday before Thanksgiving, in the US, that said I should expect delivery to happen within 3-5 weeks so I guess it makes sense that now they're quoting 2-4 weeks if they somehow can handle additional orders on top of what they already have.

I called the store yesterday and they said I will get delivery last week of December. They are able to look it up on a report they get from the factory showing where your order is on the queue. If true that will be 2 weeks past the 2-4 week mass text that went out.

MYP. MSM. Tow hitch. FSD. Ordered 10/18 Arkansas.

Reactions: Modulus1
I called the store yesterday and they said I will get delivery last week of December. They are able to look it up on a report they get from the factory showing where your order is on the queue. If true that will be 2 weeks past the 2-4 week mass text that went out.

That date is bogus. It slips by one week every week. I have gotten a date every week I called and it changed by one week every time when I called a week later for an update.

Ordered the same exact car, mine should be right beside yours.

Same car here, with white interior, and I'm in bentonville too. I ordered 11/23 though. Picking up in KC