Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Phantom drain, 2-3% per day?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Quick update. Been home all day, X stayed asleep. I manually woke it with the app, checked it around 1/2 hour later and it was back asleep. Fingers crossed it fixed it.
After update I still lost 6 miles last night (10 hours) and my music still freezes when listening to my music from my iPhone. It won’t play current song or fast forward to next song. When I get home the phone has a different song ready to play while the screen in my 3 still shows the song that it was stuck on. My Sirius app does not freeze when I listen to that though. It never did that before the 12 update.

After update I still lost 6 miles last night (10 hours) and my music still freezes when listening to my music from my iPhone. It won’t play current song or fast forward to next song. When I get home the phone has a different song ready to play while the screen in my 3 still shows the song that it was stuck on. My Sirius app does not freeze when I listen to that though. It never did that before the 12 update.
And my sync messages always turns off along with chime messages.

I'm having a similar issue on my 2020 MX LR+. Left the supercharger at 80% 2 nights ago and drove 2 miles home. The next day it was at 77%. This morning it was at 75%.

I do leave the key inside the car in the garage at home and haven't touched the Tesla app in 2 days to see if that's what causing it. Overall, I'm pretty unhappy with the range and phantom drains. Otherwise happy with the car in general.

I find it awfully impractical to have to leave the key at the opposite end of the house in order to avoid this issue. I could understand not leaving it in the car (my scenario) -- but if I can't leave the key in the garage then I guess I'll have to just live with the phantom drain.

Reactions: MXLRplus
I had to find a new spot for storing keys after purchasing our X. It's easy enough to test how far away the fobs need to be. I hear a faraday bag works as an as alternative, but did not try it.
I bought two of those faraday bags on amazon. They work good. The car would randomly flash the lights unlock and relock. Couldn’t figure out what the heck was doing it. I moved the keys and then it stopped. Now I just put them in a bag.

Reactions: jboy210
See it keeps idling instead of sleeping at night

upload_2020-3-31_11-28-22.png
upload_2020-3-31_11-28-22.png

Hi Mattack4000,

Here are the settings I successfully use for TeslaFi and sleeping...

TeslaFi Sleep Mode Enabled - Checked
Time to try sleeping: 15
Do not check the vehicle state during sleep attempt - Checked
Idle Time before Trying to Sleep - 30
Enable Retry Idle Timer - Not checked Setting (Should not matter) 15
Reset Idle Timer When Offline - Not checked
Try to sleep requirements:
No Outside Temperature Reading: Not checked
No Inside Temperature Reading: Not checked
No check of change of state: Checked

I have cabin overheat protection enabled.
The car is in my garage at 40 to 50 degrees F.

Keep your key away from the car.
I have learned my car March 2018 X MCU 2 sleeps the most when it is LOCKED.
I even lock it in my garage.
My X started sleeping when I participated in a "Walk away door lock" thread.
Some posters wished it did not work while at home.
I thought about it and I did not care if it was locked in my garage.
THE SLEEPING STARTED VERY SOON after it was always locked in the garage.

Please try locking your car and adjusting the settings above...

Shawn

Mine started massively draining once I installed 2020.12. Seems there is a bug in the software keeping something from letting the car go to sleep. Apparently Tesla is aware according to another thread on here regarding the same issue.
Same here. It used to drain a percent or two in a week and after 2020.12 it drops At least 2-3% every day. (Not driving much these days thanks to social distancing)

That’s normal and is not due to phantom drain.

Absolutely not normal. I used to see 1-2% drain per week, and now I am seeing that every day after the latest update. Sometimes it will be as much as 3-4% drain in a single day. I don't have TeslaFi, summon standby, sentry, or any of the other normal battery-draining things enabled. It is 100% an issue with this latest update.

2020.12 on a 2017 X. Also seeing about 2% per day now, and also have noticed the car coming out of sleep mode for no reason, with no keys around. Yesterday the X turned on headlights and taillights while sitting in the garage, no keys or people around. I can't figure out why.