Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Phone App: iPhone/Android app

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've had random instances of the app's failure to connect to the car since day one, even when I'm at home with the iphone online via WiFi and the car sitting in the garage with good 3G signal strength. I haven't figured out any pattern.

Between the iPhone version and Android version of the Tesla app - is there any difference between the two? Does one have functionality that the other doesn't have?

Thanks!

It's been a while since I tested both platforms, but I believe there aren't any feature differences between the two. (they behave in ever-so-slightly different ways, but same functionality)

The app is overdue for an update, if nothing else but to match the battery charging options now available in the car. Would love to be able to roll the side windows down 1" from the app.

Absolutely. And how about displaying the ideal range properly. Now it says ideal range on the app but actually displays the rated range. We've had an update since this bug crept in (used to be correctly displayed) and they didn't even fix it in the last update. Can't be that difficult!

The iPhone app was updated today... However, the only change is a bug fix for passwords with special characters.

I don't see any update today on the app store. The last update I see is version 1.1.1 from April 19 which had as its only change "improved support for special characters in login credentials". Sounds like what you are saying is in the update you are talking about. Are you sure it is from today? Can you provide the version number?

Works for me... There is a long latency though.

Speaking of latency, has anyone noticed that the app has been less responsive than usual over the last few days? Specifically, mid-day on the 4th of July the app would not vent the roof or turn on climate control. I was envisioning barbecue conversations across the US "Can your car do this? Hey! Why isn't this working?!"