Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Phone App: iPhone/Android app

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There are a few things I can think of:
The app only shows when the driver door is open if any of the other ones are they do not show up.
The location does not update like the iPhone app. Only updates statically, more like a series of snapshots.
Like described above I have to kill the app everything to get it to work again.
A lot of times when you switch over to the location tab the map is covered by one of the other tabs graphic.
These issues happen on both my Samsung Galaxy SII and my wife's Galaxy SIII.

Those are the ones I can think of now. For me the only ones that are big problems are open doors not being shown and one and the fact I have to continually kill the app.

Forgot to mention that I passed these along and they let me know the message was received ... so they know.

FW 4.5 has been out for sometime and yet the app hasn't been updated to reflect the charge % slider. Are they waiting for all cars to receive 4.5 before releasing an update?

also, would be nice to have ability to adjust scheduled charge time via app.

FW 4.5 has been out for sometime and yet the app hasn't been updated to reflect the charge % slider. Are they waiting for all cars to receive 4.5 before releasing an update?

also, would be nice to have ability to adjust scheduled charge time via app.
The app still calls itself 'beta' and I don't see a lot of activity (certainly no update in a while). I wonder if we wouldn't be better off to start writing our own as an open source project :)

Have you tried to uninstall and re install the app?
Yes I have unistalled the app, rebooted the phone to reset memory, and reinstalled and I still get the 21" wheels. I know this is a minor annoyance but it did work at one time.

I'm hoping that the app development folks at Tesla read these threads and can tack action in the future.

85kWh, Single On Board Charger, Active Air Suspension, Tech Package, Pano Roof, Premium Sound Package, Metallic Green Paint, Premium Leather

I would like to be able to see the status of the windows and be able to roll them up or down from the app.

Roll down instead of starting the air conditioning.

Roll up if I left them open and it looks like it will start raining.

I was told by a Tesla rep that the reason the key fob only rolls windows down is there is no chance of someone's hands/foot/body getting smashed by the window. Has someone tested with a piece of fruit or something if the window continues to auto roll up when using the in car controls when something is blocking it.

Hi,

Today, for the irst time, my app says "Contacting car, this may take a few minutes" and then eventually says couldn't contact. I have 4.5 firmware, but have had and it was working up until today. Anyone else's app non connecting today? ie it's a network issue on their end and will go back to normal later?

The ios app still erroneously shows the rated range even if the car is set to display ideal range. This was working fine on the first version of the app and got messed up since the first update. There has been an update since but they didn't fix it. Seems to me that would have been a super easy bug to fix!

I was told by a Tesla rep that the reason the key fob only rolls windows down is there is no chance of someone's hands/foot/body getting smashed by the window. Has someone tested with a piece of fruit or something if the window continues to auto roll up when using the in car controls when something is blocking it.

I didn't realize the keyfob could open the windows. Do you hold the lock unlock to roll them down like other cars?

I have extracted the iPhone app on my Mac and looked through all of the PNG image files. They seem to be missing the 19" rims. So Tesla needs to issue an update to the app to fix it.

Does it also happen to be missing images for multicoat red? Mine always appears in the app as a colorless shell, although the dash images in the car itself are correct and API calls report the correct color.