Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Phone App: iPhone/Android app

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone else having trouble unlocking or starting the car with v3.0.1?

I can vent roof, honk horn, flash lights, turn climate control off/on, control charging, etc, etc. but can not unlock doors or start car with the app now.

Went to SC yesterday and they said "wait 48 hours"

As of last night on the Apple App Store, the Tesla app version was updated to 3.1.0. From the description it involves just the addition of the screen to monitor your Powerwall/Home usage from the same app as your car. No mention of any bug fixes in addition.
Looks like they moved summon from a button in the center of the home screen to an option below.....at least I don't recall it down there. I dont see anything related to PowerWall though.

Reactions: bmah
I'm running 3.0.1 right now on my iPhone and Summons is the last item on the screen BTW. I just now updated to 3.1.0 after reading your post and yeah, not seeing where this Powerwall screen is suppose to be accessed from. Tried all the various sections and swipes. Nothing under Settings at all. Weird. They do show what the screen is suppose to look like on the App Store. Wonder if they didn't mean to display this graphic yet and the 3.1.0 release was about bug fixes instead because like you said not seeing any differences in the displayed screens.

We don't have a Powerwall so maybe it's different for people with one? Like the app senses you have one as it does with your car (model, color).

Last edited:
We don't have a Powerwall so maybe it's different for people with one? Like the app senses you have one as it does with your car (model, color).
That's almost certainly the case. Only Powerwall owners will see the extra "Power Flow" screen.

My one gripe with the new app design still remains: the "Charging" screen doesn't clearly show when you aren't charging. The "Charging" label at the top of the screen is confusing; it appears to be saying you are charging. There is space for actual status text directly above the battery graphic, and that does get displayed when you are charging, but it should say "Not Charging" (as the old app did) when you aren't.

Reactions: bmah
I guess it depends on how you interpret "Charging" for this app category. The word is a noun as well as a verb. If you look at the screen in the Charging window and the Open Charge Port button is showing, the car clearly wouldn't be charging so I'm not really seeing the confusion. Tesla seems to like to minimize clutter and this screen is no different.

Reactions: msnow
Yeh, its just pointing to you back to the menu from the 'charging screen'.
They could clean it up a bit but it doesn't bother since it looks much diffrent when its acutally charging.

Makes me want to order a powerwall so I can see what I'm missing! :rolleyes:
Can someone post a screenshot?

• Funny
Here's the screen shot from the App Store.

Powerwall - 1.jpg

Anyone else having difficulty controlling their Model S or X with Android version 3.1.0?

I can see the car but all controls buttons on each page are greyed out and dont work. Climate "Turn on", Flash, honk, start, vent etc.

It says "Updated 4 minutes ago" and seems to update the interior temp each time I open the app.

There are two cars on the app and neither work.

Have tried uninstalling and reinstalling but no go.

Screenshot_20170503-200132.png

Anyone else having difficulty controlling their Model S or X with Android version 3.1.0?

I can see the car but all controls buttons on each page are greyed out and dont work. Climate "Turn on", Flash, honk, start, vent etc.

It says "Updated 4 minutes ago" and seems to update the interior temp each time I open the app.

There are two cars on the app and neither work.

Have tried uninstalling and reinstalling but no go.

View attachment 225569

In your screenshot, it looks like it's trying to connect. Give it a minute may be.

For me though, it has been working great since the last update. It connects almost instantly, as soon as I open the app. The older app used to take much longer. And often, I had to kill the previously opened app in order to be able to connect again at all.

Last edited:
In your screenshot, it looks like it's trying to connect. Give it a minute may be.

For me though, it has been working great since the last update. It connects almost instantly, as soon as I open the app. The older app used to take much longer. And often, I had to kill the previously opened app in order to be able to connect again at all.

Thanks, but no luck, it stays like that indefinitely.

Works on the iPhone though. Strange.

Hubby told me the iPhone Tesla app was updated last night in addition to us receiving notification that the car's software update was ready. iPhone app now 3.1.1. App store says it contains minor improvements and fixes, including a few bug fixes related to the Location screen.

Has anyone else had these two issues? I'm using the Android app:

1. One of my devices has a fingerprint reader. When the app was overhauled a few weeks back, I had the option to use my fingerprint. That option is no longer there.
2. I noticed a problem with referral notifications not matching what you see in the app or on Tesla's site. I received a notification for a referral several days ago but that order never showed up. The name on the notification does match the first name of an order that was placed 4.5 months ago. A friend received a similar notification for a new order but he hasn't seen any new referral since the notification either.