Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Phone App: iPhone/Android app

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here's an issue I keep coming across rather consistently ...but not always.

When I select location I get this .... or one of the other screens overlaying the map.

Android Ver 1.0.30 .... a force stop and restart of the program will typically clear it up.

Screenshot_2013-02-15-15-23-08.png

I'd like to be able to see the odometer reading on the app. Would be helpful to see the odometer when doing my mileage tracking from inside the office.

I'm also curious how/if the app will function once "sleep" functionality is enabled on the car again. The car obviously has to be somewhat awake to make the data connections for the app to work.

I've got a feature request for Tesla to add to the next release of the App. More specifically, it's my wife's request. I'd like to be able to turn on (and, I suppose, off) the heated seats remotely.

Yes, would be really handy. The good news is that I looked inside the app and the icons are already designed for this. So maybe will get that in a close future.

I'd like to be able to see the odometer reading on the app. Would be helpful to see the odometer when doing my mileage tracking from inside the office.

I'm also curious how/if the app will function once "sleep" functionality is enabled on the car again. The car obviously has to be somewhat awake to make the data connections for the app to work.

+1 on the odo reading. Very useful for tracking Wh/km as pulled from the wall.

Odd quirk of the app this am.
I was prewarming the car for about 25 minutes prior to leaving work. OAT 25F, the internal car temp read 64F when I turned on climate control to 70F. Took me a bit to wrap up work and when I checked to see if the car was still prewarming as I was walking through the hospital it showed the internal car temp of 72F with the AC running to cool it down to my target 70F!!

I think the thermometer/sensor is a bit quirky. Should be a way for the app to take into account the OAT when deciding whether to heat/cool, if it's 25F outside the AC should definately NOT be running. Likewise, in the summer, if it's 100F outside and the cabin temp drops below the preset temp I don't want to find the heater running.

Odd quirk of the app this am.
I was prewarming the car for about 25 minutes prior to leaving work. OAT 25F, the internal car temp read 64F when I turned on climate control to 70F. Took me a bit to wrap up work and when I checked to see if the car was still prewarming as I was walking through the hospital it showed the internal car temp of 72F with the AC running to cool it down to my target 70F!!

I think the thermometer/sensor is a bit quirky. Should be a way for the app to take into account the OAT when deciding whether to heat/cool, if it's 25F outside the AC should definately NOT be running. Likewise, in the summer, if it's 100F outside and the cabin temp drops below the preset temp I don't want to find the heater running.

Had the same thing happen to me, while driving. Outside temp was between 40 and 50, but it was very sunny, and im betting the sun was shining right on the sensor. So when i got in the car, the ac comes on full blast. I had to turn the climate control off entirely to stop it.

The app showing blue for cooling doesn't necessarily mean the A/C is on.

It doesn't? What does it mean, then?! I was hoping to use that to figure out how high/low to set it to get it warming/cooling (with a bit of a margin). One thing I dislike is that (a) you can't tell from the 17" screen whether the car thinks it's heating or cooling, and (b) unlike my last car, you can't just tell it "put out warm (or cool) air." This target temp thing kinda bites, frankly--not just because of the sensor being quirky. I know how things feel to me, but I have to put the temp at odd places to get the air I want. One time I got slightly cool air no matter what I set it to, but fortunately that hasn't repeated.

In my old car, I just turned it to warm or cool and I got warm or cool air--the farther in the warm direction, the warmer/hotter the air, and vice versa. No such thing as a perfect target temp...it's all relative to how it feels to the human. Oh well. ;-)

- - - Updated - - -

P.S. Sorry, 2/3 of my post ranged off-topic from the app; the app-related part is the "what's the blue/red on the app mean?!" part. ;-)

When I press the account button on my Android app there are two identical accounts listed (same VIN and car config). Each account shows the same features and parameters; they seem to be duplicates. Anyone else have this bug? Any suggestions for a solution?

Not sure if anyone has had trouble connecting to the car with the mobile app, but when I did the solution was to close out all the apps running in the background. When I did that it connected right away.

I have an iPhone 4S so I'm not sure this is applicable to other devices or OS's. Thanks.