Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Phone App: iPhone/Android app

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone else have connectivity issues with Android over 4G? Wifi is fine, but $g to the car "out in the wild" really sucks wrt connectivity. As a test I have brought my iPad along to test side-by-side; On my iPad I connect immediately but Android take minutes if it even connects at all....am I alone on this?

Since writing this I found a post about a workaround...for Android anyway:
1. Launch the app
2. If it doesn't connect by the 3rd swirl hit the back button on the phone
3. Re-Launch the Tesla App and the Logo should appear...then the app/car screen with a swirl in the middle...and hopefully by the first 2-3 swirls you will be connected.

works for me 99% of the time so far on my Samsung Galaxy S4 (withholding the 1% for what hasn't bit me yet)

Since the latest iOS update on my iPhone to 9.0.1, the notifications on charge state, start/finish charge time, is off by about 18 hours. Anyone else experiencing this? I have the latest version of the app according to the Store and the car firmware was updated about 2 weeks ago.

IMG_0622.jpg

I hope we see some iOS functionality release soon or even alongside 7.0 next week. I'd really like to be able to access the rest of the sub zero package functionality from my phone to make it much more useful - i.e. turn on heated seats, steering wheel, and wiper/nozzles before going down to the car. Would make it a much more useful package.

I hope we see some iOS functionality release soon or even alongside 7.0 next week. I'd really like to be able to access the rest of the sub zero package functionality from my phone to make it much more useful - i.e. turn on heated seats, steering wheel, and wiper/nozzles before going down to the car. Would make it a much more useful package.

Umm... What additional iOS functionality are you expecting? I think it took over a year for the Android app to get the charge slider after the iOS app got it... Android app still doesn't have notifications and it's probably been another year there... Maybe Android should get some love too!?

Since writing this I found a post about a workaround...for Android anyway:
1. Launch the app
2. If it doesn't connect by the 3rd swirl hit the back button on the phone
3. Re-Launch the Tesla App and the Logo should appear...then the app/car screen with a swirl in the middle...and hopefully by the first 2-3 swirls you will be connected.

works for me 99% of the time so far on my Samsung Galaxy S4 (withholding the 1% for what hasn't bit me yet)

I've been doing this for a couple of months now, since the last update. They fixed the annoying "lost connection" popup but now you have close and relaunch the app for it to connect.

It's probably already in the works, the artwork for the buttons is already in the iPhone app bundle. I'd post them, but this site doesn't allow uploading of PNG files (and Tesla may not like it).

And just to tease everyone, there is an icon labeled "charge alert" that looks like an alarm clock. Hmmm....

On the other hand, their iPhone app bundle appears to contains lots of old artwork, so all of those items could be from a very early version of the app....

Another winter is almost upon us. Any idea whether this update to the app is in the works? Does anyone know if the "Remote S" app supports this function?

Preach on brother! Oh, and bring it to Android as well ;-)

The notes from the play store update are:

Owners will now be notified when:

- There's a software update available for install
- The software update has installed successfully or has failed
- Charging has started, has been interrupted, or is complete
- Car alarm has been triggered
Support for Model X
Minor fixes and improvements