Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Phone App: iPhone/Android app

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Since I got my car last year, those things work with app: Lock doors, Flash, open/close roof, Horn. Those never worked: Unlock, keyless, Trunk/frunk open. I uninstalled app, disconnected in car and re-installed app. Connection made in car and it changes nothing. Tesla told my that procedure and it didn't change a thing. Any idea?

Since I got my car last year, those things work with app: Lock doors, Flash, open/close roof, Horn. Those never worked: Unlock, keyless, Trunk/frunk open. I uninstalled app, disconnected in car and re-installed app. Connection made in car and it changes nothing. Tesla told my that procedure and it didn't change a thing. Any idea?
Make and model of your phone? That may help someone offer better assist for your combination.

Mine was showing vehicle connection error for about the last seven hours, and only recently came back online. Between then and now i rebooted the phone, the car (both screens), logged out and logged back in, even uninstalled the app and reinstall to no avail. Must have been a Tesla back end issue. It appears resolved now.

• Informative
Reactions: Tezzie and MarkKW
TEV: FWIW, I've had my vehicle in the Tysons Corner Virginia Service Center (SC) at least six times in the three years I've owned it and never had my remote access disabled. In fact, I've always used the Location feature on the iPhone app to monitor the vehicle as it was moved around the SC during visits. In May 2018 when the SC transferred the vehicle to a body shop 20 miles away (follow up collision repair by Service King) I was similarly able to determine where it was at the Service King. A neighbor (who was lamenting not knowing where his Model 3 had been sent for repainting - damage caused prior to delivery - apparently in transit from Freemont) just alerted me to a sign on the entry door to the Tysons SC asking owners to "Remember to Disable Remote Access". I agree the Summon feature should definitely be disabled, but I'll sure miss always knowing the location of my vehicle during service.

hello - for those of you that have tan interiors, does the app's depiction of your car show tan seats, or is the default black?

we just went from a Pearl White/black car to Red/tan car and the app shows black seats on the new car. just wondering if that is the standard or if the seat color is mismatched on our Model S config in their system. everything else matches fine - paint, pano, wheels, spoiler, etc.

oh btw, you can't see the seat color really until one of the driver side doors is open ...

thanks!
Wamochi: Thanks for pointing this out - I was curious, so checked my phone app and the display on my vehicle's instrument cluster. On both renderings, my tan interior was rendered as a slightly lighter shade of grey than the other blacks in the image. So - no tan - no love. It would definitely be striking to see a tan interior, though. Regards...

A neighbor (who was lamenting not knowing where his Model 3 had been sent for repainting - damage caused prior to delivery - apparently in transit from Freemont) just alerted me to a sign on the entry door to the Tysons SC asking owners to "Remember to Disable Remote Access". I agree the Summon feature should definitely be disabled, but I'll sure miss always knowing the location of my vehicle during service.
This policy predates summons by several years. It was due to some idiot owners who thought it would be funny to honk the horn or flash the lights while their cars were in service. Your service center is an outlier in asking owners to do it— most do it themselves routinely when checking a car in for service. Their workers’ safety is more important than an owner’s curiosity.

Your service center is an outlier in asking owners to do it— most do it themselves routinely when checking a car in for service.

Several times when I had my car in for service the service center would disable remote access remotely about 12 hours before they picked up my car. It was never especially annoying to me, but I understand the separation anxiety of having no GPS view of the car during service!

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: EVie'sDad