Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Phone App v2.0 (FW v6.0)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Right, you can select what notifications you want in app menu. Including charging notifications. They work.

I've had the updated app for three days now since V6 installed in my car. When I got it I set all the notifications to be "On". However the only notification I get is for "Charging completed". I do not get the "Charging started" notification.

--- UPDATE ---

A few minutes after making my post I am now able to connect to my car using the app.

Last edited:
Just tried the new app feature "Start" which allows you to open, start, and drive the car without the key fob (of course you have to be logged into the app with your Tesla account username and password).

The new "Start" feature worked perfectly. I walked up to the car without the fob. Phone app open. Hit Start. Entered my Tesla account password (which is long and has letters and numbers in it for extra security). App displayed a message saying I had two minutes to get in and start driving. Used "Unlock" in the app to open the doors, got in, sat down, pressed the brake pedal and put the car in D. Drove off.

Very cool.

Caveats: of course this new app feature will only work if you have internet connectivity. The phone and the car have to have a cell data signal or wifi.

And if you use this feature to start the car and you drive off without the fob, when you arrive at your destination and still don't have the fob, then to lock the car and then get back into the car you also need to have Internet connectivity.

So now that the V2 app allows you to "name" your Model S, for those with more than one Model S in a household, can they use the app to access either car, and if so, how?

Does each Model S have its own Tesla Account with a unique username/password? In that case, in the app you would sign out of one account, sign in to the other, and then be able to access either Model S?

Or can you have more than one Model S in the same Tesla account, and if so how do you switch between cars in the app?

Okay thanks. So in the app how do you switch between vehicles? Is there a menu somewhere that shows a list of available vehicles?

Can there be multiple cars in one Tesla account?

Yes, there is a menu,
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411485101.029925.jpg

Is there any word if the charge slider or notification system is being worked for Android?

Hmmm. The car start can be handy. I just beefed up my TM password because of this. I'll definitely only use it in emergency situations.
As a precaution I'll be adding a wifi connection to the car based on my phone's tethering access point, just for an emergency situation where the car doesn't have cell coverage but my phone does.

Has anyone tested that this car start feature works when the car only has wifi coverage and no 3G?

How did you get the second Tesla in your app? Do you have to change both accounts to the same e-mailadres and password? I tried this but that doesn't seem to be trick.

My tesla's were both put under the same account when I bought them.

You might need to call ownership to merge them
Thanks for the tip. Saves me a lot of time:smile:

As a precaution I'll be adding a wifi connection to the car based on my phone's tethering access point, just for an emergency situation where the car doesn't have cell coverage but my phone does.

Has anyone tested that this car start feature works when the car only has wifi coverage and no 3G?
This sounds like a great idea if it works. Then at least you only need cell coverage on your phone.

My tesla's were both put under the same account when I bought them.

You might need to call ownership to merge them

My parents two Model S vehicles are both under the same account as far as I know but they can't get both cars to show up in their iPhone app. My dad is going to go to his local Service Center and ask how to do it.

I thought that once both of their cars were on V6 (they are) and the updated to the V2 app that both cars would show up on their app. But they didn't.

Last edited:
My parents two Modes S's are both under the same account as far as I know but they can't get both cars to show up in their iPhone app. My dad is going to go to his local Service Center and ask how to do it.

I thought that once both of their cars were on V6 (they are) and the updated to the V2 app that both cars would show up on their app. But they didn't.

What does it show when they login the to My Telsa portion of the Tesla Motors Web Site?