Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Phone App v2.0 (FW v6.0)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Oh, and Android users are totally getting screwed on the mobile app front.

As a Blackberry user....

tPzTdA4.gif

(I'll probably get a Galaxy S5 soon, and Tesla apps are literally the only reason why, lol)

I'm having trouble with the Calendar app in my MS. My app is on (logged in), all the phone settings are set to the specified settings, and my car is recognizing my phone, but in the calendar app, for each day it says "No Events". I have plenty of events scheduled in my calendar. I use iCal on my iPhone. On the upper right hand corner of the touchscreen, it has my phone's name so I know it's sensing the phone. It's just not picking up any of the events in my calendar. Anyone know how to fix that? Thanks!

I'm having trouble with the Calendar app in my MS. My app is on (logged in), all the phone settings are set to the specified settings, and my car is recognizing my phone, but in the calendar app, for each day it says "No Events". I have plenty of events scheduled in my calendar. I use iCal on my iPhone. On the upper right hand corner of the touchscreen, it has my phone's name so I know it's sensing the phone. It's just not picking up any of the events in my calendar. Anyone know how to fix that? Thanks!

Do you have your gmail account configured in your Mail, Contact, Calendar settings and calendars enabled (not using a separate calendar app)?

I don't remember anyone mentioning this problem yet. I finally got 6.0 today and when I tried testing the notifications feature, it wasn't working. When I had started the app after the car had 6.0, I got prompted to allow calendar access and notifications which I confirmed, but notifications still weren't working. The Tesla app said that notifications were enabled, however when I would go to the notifications settings in the app an try to enable or disable a notification, it would just sit there and spin. If I went back to the main controls and then into notification settings again, it showed the change I made had taken, but still notifications were not working.

I noticed that the Tesla app was not showing up at all in Notification Center (neither in the permitted or denied apps section), so I tried force quitting the app and even rebooting my phone. Still didn't show up and still had the same spinning problem when I tried modifying one of the notification settings.

Finally I decided to delete the app from the phone (along with all settings) and re-download from the App Store. Once reinstalled, I logged back in and everything started work. I found it strange that I was not prompted to allow access to calendar or notifications after reinstalling, so even though it says all your settings are deleted when removing the app, apparently those pieces are remembered.

So moral of this story is if you're having issues with Notifications on the iOS app, delete the app and re-download.

After several frustrating hours, I finally got it to work. On the recommendation of Tesla Service, I had the car "forget" the phone, then re-pair (several times); re-booted the car touchscreen/dash (twice); and powered the phone off and on. I really don't know what the issue was, but it finally worked like a charm.

I LOVE having my calendar up on the touchscreen. I keep track of my three boys' various sports practices and games, music lessons and appointments on my phone (as well as a few things for myself!) and now the daily schedule will be up on the screen for all to see each morning. Love it!

After several frustrating hours, I finally got it to work. On the recommendation of Tesla Service, I had the car "forget" the phone, then re-pair (several times); re-booted the car touchscreen/dash (twice); and powered the phone off and on. I really don't know what the issue was, but it finally worked like a charm.

I LOVE having my calendar up on the touchscreen. I keep track of my three boys' various sports practices and games, music lessons and appointments on my phone (as well as a few things for myself!) and now the daily schedule will be up on the screen for all to see each morning. Love it!

Hmm, I'm having the same issues, i'll give that a shot. Thanks for sharing it.

So... I don't have 6.0 yet, but I am using the 2.0 iOS app...

I the app doesn't have an option to configure notifications, nor did it ask me if it could send me notifications. It also doesn't show in the iOS Notificaton Center settings...

I'm guessing that only shows up after you connect and the app confirms a 6.x+ version on the car and then makes the notification request and tells iOS that it has notifications.

Can someone that received 6.0 after updating the app to 2.0 confirm this?

@flashflood: "An entirely new UI"? No. As you point out, there is now a "Start" button at the top right of the Controls screen, also if you tap the symbol at the upper left (the three horizontal lines) there are new choices.

I received V6 yesterday and had already updated my iPhone app. Once v6 installed I opened the app and only then did I see the new features. Turned on all notifications. Just started charging now. Haven't seen a notification on my phone charging had started. Like @EBB I am not clear on what sort of "notification" will be shown: text, email, voice of Elon emanating from the heavens, what?

--- UPDATE --

And I just received my first charge status notification on my iPhone. It was not a text or an email, it was a small text banner that popped up at the top of the phone scree saying charging had completed.

I went into my iPhone Settings and into Notifications. Scrolled way down the app list to find the Model S app. It was set to Allow Notifications, and Show In Notification Center, and play Sounds, and Show On Lock Screen.

So you need to go in and customize those settings to your personal preferences.

Last edited:
@flashflood: "An entirely new UI"? No. As you point out, there is now a "Start" button at the top right of the Controls screen, also if you tap the symbol at the upper left (the three horizontal lines) there are new choices.

I received V6 yesterday and had already updated my iPhone app. Once v6 installed I opened the app and only then did I see the new features. Turned on all notifications. Just started charging now. Haven't seen a notification on my phone charging had started. Like @EBB I am not clear on what sort of "notification" will be shown: text, email, voice of Elon emanating from the heavens, what?
I got notification of software update.

- - - Updated - - -

Has anyone found a way to edit your car's name once it has been entered?
Edit in car. Press T in middle top main screen and in popup tap name. Another popup will allow you to change.

So... I don't have 6.0 yet, but I am using the 2.0 iOS app...

I the app doesn't have an option to configure notifications, nor did it ask me if it could send me notifications. It also doesn't show in the iOS Notificaton Center settings...

I'm guessing that only shows up after you connect and the app confirms a 6.x+ version on the car and then makes the notification request and tells iOS that it has notifications.

Can someone that received 6.0 after updating the app to 2.0 confirm this?

Correct on all of your assumptions. I had the APP a few days before getting 6.0 in car and nothing showed up until the car updated to 6.0.

Mike

Right, you can select what notifications you want in app menu. Including charging notifications. They work.
When installed the app defaults to "charging interrupted" notification on. You can also choose to have "charging started" and "charging stopped" notifications. These choices are for regular charging. Supercharging notifications are always on (assuming you allow notifications in your iPhone settings).