Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Photos - Teal & black vinyl wrapped 90D

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've never heard of vinyl wrapping a car before (I live in a little world of my own, I guess). How much, ballpark, does it cost to get something like this done? And while we're at it, how much, again ballpark, does Opticoat cost?

Go Sharks!

th?&id=OIP.M2c0fa7753df44cdbf2d46de3b04d94bdH0&w=300&h=283&c=0&pid=1.9&rs=0&p=0&r=0.jpg

I'd really love more info about how the sensors have treated you, post-wrapping. I want to get my upcoming X Plasti-Dipped, but I'm really worried about the effect on the sensors (not just the Autopilot, but even opening the damn doors on the Model X requires detailed sensor-feedback …)

Have you bought the Autopilot upgrade? Have you tried it, despite the dipping? (I realize the Model S functions differently than the Model X, but I'm hoping that it'll be a starting-point for my research …)

I'll be wrapping my P85D in just about this way, except I'll leave the sides paint black and the top wrapped in 3M Brushed Steel. I don't like bright colors, and I think a mild contrast is classier. Also I'll follow the creases in the hood, rather than the gaps.

I'm wrapping myself. Top with Brushed Steel, and sides with Scotchgard Pro 2.