Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Picked up my Model S Last night

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi there!
Congrats!! Great to see another Chicago based Tesla fan out there. Which model/config did you get, and where do you charge your car? I am downtown in a high-rise, so far I was forced to use the super chargers around Chicago.

I got a 75D standard interior, glass roof but am lucky enough to have my own garage so had a outlet installed. Have a supercharger right by work also that I can use in a bind. So far really blown away driving this car. It is unlike any other car I have ever had.

Welcome to another Chicago enthusiast. . . The numbers are increasing! Not unusual for me to see 10-15 each way on my commute from Northbrook to Clark and the River downtown. . . I'll honk when I see you!

Putting the winter treads on this weekend. It's time.

M

Reactions: THXULTRA
Great to see that you managed to get a new Model S. I also decided to look for a new one over a CPO. Just waiting for the right time to jump in.

Congratulations!
Awesome to hear you are going to be buying soon. Can't wait to see which one you decide to get. Which options are you looking for? I decided to make the jump to get the referral money and was worried about the tax credit ending.

Reactions: BinaryField
Welcome to another Chicago enthusiast. . . The numbers are increasing! Not unusual for me to see 10-15 each way on my commute from Northbrook to Clark and the River downtown. . . I'll honk when I see you!

Putting the winter treads on this weekend. It's time.

M
It is funny in some area's I see a bunch like 4 or 5 in one day and then I can go to other areas and not see one. Really see lots in the Suburbs around Naperville and Oakbrook. Sure there are many up north too.

Awesome to hear you are going to be buying soon. Can't wait to see which one you decide to get. Which options are you looking for? I decided to make the jump to get the referral money and was worried about the tax credit ending.

Thanks! I'm honestly pretty boring, haha. I'm aiming for just a 75/75D. The only feature that I really care about is EAP. I'm fine with whatever else comes standard, but I'm open to options depending on what the inventory discounts look like. I do plan to install a HEPA filter myself - the other stuff that comes with the PUP isn't worth the $5000 price tag for me.

Thanks! I'm honestly pretty boring, haha. I'm aiming for just a 75/75D. The only feature that I really care about is EAP. I'm fine with whatever else comes standard, but I'm open to options depending on what the inventory discounts look like. I do plan to install a HEPA filter myself - the other stuff that comes with the PUP isn't worth the $5000 price tag for me.

I agree with you 100%. The only thing in the premium package I kind of wanted was the upgraded radio. I am actually quite ok with the standard sound system though it still sounds really good. I listen to streaming radio all the time anyway so the source isn't perfect anyway to justify the cost of the upgrade. I did the same thing only I also really wanted the blue color. I was lucky to find one in inventory that was even in my area. Best of luck to you and I can't wait to see pictures when you get yours!

I agree with you 100%. The only thing in the premium package I kind of wanted was the upgraded radio. I am actually quite ok with the standard sound system though it still sounds really good. I listen to streaming radio all the time anyway so the source isn't perfect anyway to justify the cost of the upgrade. I did the same thing only I also really wanted the blue color. I was lucky to find one in inventory that was even in my area. Best of luck to you and I can't wait to see pictures when you get yours!

Yeah, I also figure that if I really care about the sound, I can look into an aftermarket upgrade for a fraction of the bundle price. I mostly listen to classical, which doesn't mix well with road and traffic noise, so it may not even be worth upgrading for me at all.

I have a feeling that if I manage to buy, the pictures I post are going to be the same as yours! The blue paint scheme is very attractive.

Yeah, I also figure that if I really care about the sound, I can look into an aftermarket upgrade for a fraction of the bundle price. I mostly listen to classical, which doesn't mix well with road and traffic noise, so it may not even be worth upgrading for me at all.

I have a feeling that if I manage to buy, the pictures I post are going to be the same as yours! The blue paint scheme is very attractive.

These cars are really quiet so you may end up upgrading your sound. I do agree aftermarket will be a better value for the money though. I couldn't justify $5k for it since I don't really care about the heated back seats and the air filter is simple enough to do on your own. So far the base stereo is sounding good enough for me especially since I use the streaming radio all the time.

I really like this color blue. This is the first time I got my first choice of color on a car. I usually buy based on features but this time it worked out for the color also. Really like the way the chrome and blue look together.

Reactions: BinaryField