Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Picking the right color

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
OP is asking about white vs. silver. Silver definitely hides dirt better (MUCH better). We have a silver car that rarely needs to be washed and always looks relatively clean. White isn't nearly as bad as black to maintain, but if you live in places where it rains often, you'll have to clean it more than you would a silver car.

I also personally like silver a little bit better because I think it shows the lines of the car slightly better. White is so bright that some of the lines get lost, especially from the side.

Biased, as my avatar pic shows... several people have commented that the silver on a refresh looks great, and I would have to agree. Living in MN, my main issue is dirt, particularly in winter, and my husband wanted a subtle color - silver nicely addresses both of those. I've had it four weeks now - not washed it yet, and you can't tell.

image.jpeg
I haven't yet taken posed photos, and I'm out of town, but I have this quick garage shot to get it started. It replaced my dark blue 2013 s85