Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pictures of production Model 3s

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Only 6 places for VIN. How is car 1,000,000 designated ? Letters ?

For North America:
4-8 are vehicle attributes
10 is model year.
11 is manufacturing plant (I guess they could split some European ones that are "made" in Holland).
12-17 is the sequence/serial number. 13-17 must be numeric, 12 can be anything else.

I suspect that Tesla would be very happy to have the problem of producing 1 million of the same vehicle in the same place per year. But I think it'll break down enough that they'll be able to use 6 digits.

12-17 is the sequence/serial number. 13-17 must be numeric, 12 can be anything else.
According to this posted by Winston above all 12-17 is supposed to be "digits". I'm not a natural English speaker, but I read that as it will be all numeric? Or did I misunderstood this? Yes, I do know that they are allowed to use alpha-numeric at position 12, and they have done so in the past (not sure if they still do or not).

Some photos of Elon's ride. Production car number 1
black-tesla-model-3-side-palo-alto-hq.jpg
black-tesla-model-3-charge-port-palo-alto-hq.jpg
black-tesla-model-3-door-handle.jpg
black-tesla-model-3-display-palo-alto-hq.jpg
black-tesla-model-3-front-grill-palo-alto-hq.jpg
black-tesla-model-3-license-plate-holder.jpg
black-tesla-model-3-charging-palo-alto-hq.jpg

It appears to be sitting like a Model S that has its SAS on high or very high. Same with the blue Model S that's in the background of one of the pictures. That's my guess.

Maybe but if you look at the S vs 3 comparison page on the Tesla website it says smart air suspension for the S and coil for the 3 which implies no SAS for the 3. That being said they could always surprise us.

Teslarati forums:
Tesla Model 3 Sightings & Spy Shots

A Teslarati app user sent us the following photos of a black Model 3 charging at Tesla HQ this morning.

Jeff tells us that he's a Model S P85, Model X 75D and Model 3 reservation holder, and was at Tesla HQ for a meeting nearby when he spotted the Model 3 charging. Here are the photos he sent in through the app (shared w/ permission).

My notes as follows:
  • There was no Release Candidate number affixed to the car's rear window.
  • Parking sensors throughout the car.
  • The center console looks very finished.
  • There appears to be either a rubber bumper or rivet beneath the door handle (thoughts?)

black-tesla-model-3-charging-palo-alto-hq.jpg

black-tesla-model-3-display-palo-alto-hq.jpg

black-tesla-model-3-door-handle.jpg

black-tesla-model-3-charge-port-palo-alto-hq.jpg

black-tesla-model-3-side-palo-alto-hq.jpg

black-tesla-model-3-license-plate-holder.jpg

black-tesla-model-3-front-grill-palo-alto-hq.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.