TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Pictures of production Model 3s

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by TEG, Jul 7, 2017.

Tags:
  1. PeterK

PeterK Model X Owner

I agree. Is it wrapped, plastidipped or painted?

I've been thinking the M3 would look nice in British Racing Green - the TR6 green, not the super-dark green of the original S. Any photoshop experts prepared to mock one up and post it?

• Love x 1
  2. Zaphod

Zaphod Galaxy President (former)

My guess it is a wrap. Plastidip wouldn't be that shiny I think and good quality paint would be too expensive and then stuck with that color only. At least wrap, you can take off and go back to original color or another color.

I miss the green Tesla used to have. I think the 3 would look pretty good in that color.

• Like x 1
  3. RDaneel

RDaneel Member

The owner said it was a wrap, cost him $2000 in Cali. The car is black under the yellow (no sense in paying for paint that you know you're covering).

• Informative x 2
    • Like x 1
  4. Need

Need Member

I was thinking about getting black and wrap it too, but I read that vinyl wrap last only about 3 years.

• Informative x 1
  5. Drax

Drax Member

Agreed!! I *love* that green.

• Love x 1
  6. T34ME

T34ME Active Member

I have been told by a wrap/PPF shop that here in California, under the sun, that gloss/shiny wrap lasts only about a year before it starts to look dull and faded. He said satin or matte wraps last much longer, >5 years. I don't know, I'm just repeating what I was told.

• Informative x 2
    • Funny x 1
  7. Randy Spencer

Randy Spencer Member

My 10 year old RV came with vinyl wrap to protect the front. It is SO damaged from sun exposure that it's all cracked and cannot be pealed off except in tiny 1mm sections. I will wait until I go to sell it before taking it off.

Just a reminder to not leave a wrap on too long.

-Randy

• Informative x 5
    • Helpful x 1
    • Love x 1
  8. Hayden

Hayden Member

True, but if leave de wrap on to long you damage your paintwork if you peal the wrap of.

9. No_chance

No_chance New Member

I went to the Dedham, MA Tesla Center to test drive a Model S, and I finally saw a Model 3 up close and personal, and for anybody who hasn't seen one in person. Let me just tell you honestly the pictures don't do it justice. THIS CAR IS CLEAN MAN! It's like looking at the future. They let me open it up, and take a glance inside. I couldn't sit inside, but right off the bat, I was surprised at how smaller and perfectly placed the screen looked as compared to seeing it online where I thought it would be awkward. The door handle looked very cool, but my fears of it being a counter-intuitive mechanism seemed to have flared at that point. I think after time I'll get quicker at opening it up. I mostly was interested in seeing the headliner which was changed to a more common car material one, and I can honestly say it's not too bad but the suede will be something you will miss. Especially if your one of the ones who remember when it had it.

Attached Files:

• Like x 7
  10. T34ME

T34ME Active Member

This is what we have been trying to tell you! This car is a game changer. The model 3 IS the future and most of us on this forum are going to be driving one!

Regarding the door handles, I got to play with a 3 for about an hour a while back. I tried every door - front/back, left/right - and after about half a dozen times, opening the doors just seemed natural and I didn't even have to think about how to do it after that. When I went back to my car with the door handles that stick out and you have to pull on them, they just seemed unnatural and awkward, like a car from 100 years ago..

• Like x 2
  11. No_chance

No_chance New Member

Yeah, that's the feeling that stayed with me while driving back home in my ICE car, having just driven the S. It just seemed like traveling back in time.

• Love x 1
  12. pdxgibby

pdxgibby Software Engineer

Took delivery today in Portland, Oregon. Very exciting!

Attached Files:

• Like x 15
    • Love x 1
  13. MikeL

MikeL some guy

IMG_2488.JPG IMG_2490.JPG IMG_2491.JPG 1st Blue one in Utah. 5th one overall so for most people on the road, this is the first Model 3 they've ever seen. Remember that moment!?

Attached Files:

• Like x 10
    • Informative x 1
    • Love x 1
  14. Park2670

Park2670 Member

15. ⚡️ELECTROMAN⚡️

⚡️ELECTROMAN⚡️ Fritterer and waster of hours in an off hand wayer

Congratulations. Do you need a new best friend? :D

• Funny x 2
    • Like x 1
  16. MikeL

MikeL some guy

#4296 MikeL, Feb 10, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2018
    IMG_2505.JPG
    No, it's my accountant's ... To whom I've been married for 30 years or so
    You know where I live, right? Come see. It's good.

• Like x 3
  17. Zaxxon

Zaxxon Supporting Member

Eleven snow-adorned 3s at Littleton, CO today. Every color represented (silver inside the building, so no pic).

Even dirty and snow-covered, it's a nice look.

IMG_20180211_133920.jpg IMG_20180211_133855.jpg IMG_20180211_133907.jpg IMG_20180211_133839.jpg IMG_20180211_133847.jpg IMG_20180211_134000.jpg IMG_20180211_134048.jpg IMG_20180211_133945.jpg IMG_20180211_133950.jpg

• Like x 5
  18. GonzaloAR

GonzaloAR Member

Finally starting to see some model 3s in Fresno, CA. Three on my count, no pics cause I was driving but we've seen plenty of pics on line already. :)

• Like x 1
  19. EV-lutioin

EV-lutioin Active Member

• Like x 1
    • Funny x 1
  20. S3XY

S3XY Member

Have at it: Color Picker

• Like x 2
    • Love x 1