Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pictures of production Model 3s

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why do you say that? This is the same pic from 3 days ago right?
This may solidify the timing on the white interior and the fact that it is indeed coming.
2017-08-16_10-24-22.jpg

If AWD is slated to come Spring 2018 then I don't know why my AWD reservation choice would show later delivery than any other choice.
The FAQs says when the first car with the feature will be available. Your estimate is when you can expect to receive it. Like right now the 1st production car has been delivered, but even though I placed an order the first day I will not be getting mine till at least December.

Reactions: MP3Mike
If AWD is slated to come Spring 2018 then I don't know why my AWD reservation choice would show later delivery than any other choice.

Because you are behind other people that have chosen AWD. If you are number 1,000 in line and they are going to make 333 AWD cars a month you wouldn't get one until three months after they start delivering them.

Well, to be exact - I am for that as well - the literal HUGE comment was probably in relation to the trunk lid opening, not the trunk opening. But there was a subtread of positive, even exclamatory sentiment on the trunk opening size which my post was meant as a reply to. :)

To be clear.

Yep, lid. That's what I meant. Go hiking in the woods with your Model 3 and if you see a bear, open the trunk lid! That kind of huge. Aside from scaring bears, you won't knock your head on the lid when putting groceries in there. Wait, not groceries... I mean, tools... like manly power tools... yeah.

JR

Also... US cars will all be prioritized over Canadian cars due to "homologation" challenges. The order will be as follows:

1. Employees
2. Tesla Owners in the US (with an emphasis on delivering to highly concentrated reservation areas)
3. General Public in the US
4. Canada/Mexico (which is why Canadian estimates are all showing late 2018)
5. Other markets outside North America

I'm okay with this... just excited to get my Model 3 when it's available and hopefully with more exciting options by then too.

Reactions: FlatSix911
Also... US cars will all be prioritized over Canadian cars due to "homologation" challenges. The order will be as follows:

1. Employees
2. Tesla Owners in the US (with an emphasis on delivering to highly concentrated reservation areas)
3. General Public in the US
4. Canada/Mexico (which is why Canadian estimates are all showing late 2018)
5. Other markets outside North America

I'm okay with this... just excited to get my Model 3 when it's available and hopefully with more exciting options by then too.
Between 3 and 4 there should be a spot for Californians who is not a current Tesla owner.

And I assume you mean that listed order for each day.

It would be unfair if employees who put their name on the list today would get a car before I get a car I requested last year.

Perhaps they go thru the listed order for even the same hour! We have already seen Californians who signed up before the 10 am Pacific hour on 3/31 are getting October delivery quotes while those of us who actually were in California that day and signed up as the store opened at 10 am are getting November quotes.

-Randy

And I assume you mean that listed order for each day.
It would be unfair if employees who put their name on the list today would get a car before I get a car I requested last year.

No, I think the order appears to favor that priority. So, it appears that employees jump ahead of owners even if they waited to order.
And owners jump ahead of non-owner line-waiters (like me). It is disappointing for those of us feeling like there is "line cutting" happening, but Tesla shuffles the order however they see fit.

Is Jason Calacanis an employee?
He got his already:
Early Tesla Model 3 owner gives interview full of analogies about his experience
He calls it a "Founder series".
I think he mentioned "being well connected" to get it so early.
So being an early investor, friend of Elon, or whatever connection he has seemed to have let him jump up the order list ahead of nearly everyone else.

But then you have to ask yourself "do I really want one of the first ones made?" They are still figuring out how to build these and which parts will be the first to fail.

Last edited:
Reactions: FlatSix911
Status
Not open for further replies.