Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pictures of production Model 3s

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks to a very generous Model 3 owner taking delivery last friday I was able to test drive my first Model 3 in Fremont !

Great write-up... thanks for sharing your pictures and observations! As a current e-Golf driver who will be replacing it with a Model 3, I greatly appreciate the insight. Yeah, I'm going to miss the Golf's tight turning radius, but I have no problem exchanging that for all the other features. :)

Out of curiousity, how does regen strength compare with the e-Golf's various regen levels (D1, D2, D3/B)? And is it about the same as your Model X? (I'm assuming the owner had regen set to Standard, unless you happened to have noticed that it was set to Low...?)

On 101...

Attachments

• 20171011_090006-1.jpg
    20171011_090006-1.jpg
    210.8 KB · Views: 159
  • 20171011_085944.jpg
    20171011_085944.jpg
    203.4 KB · Views: 124
Out of curiousity, how does regen strength compare with the e-Golf's various regen levels (D1, D2, D3/B)? And is it about the same as your Model X? (I'm assuming the owner had regen set to Standard, unless you happened to have noticed that it was set to Low...?)

It was set to standard. Seemed natural so similar to whatever the Model X does, it did not stand out as different. I am not going to miss having to set it to B each time I get into the eGolf, I don't really use any of the others so I would say its comparable to B which seems the most natural to me.

Reactions: Bokonon
Great pics!

What year/type of Civic do you drive? Trying to get a feel for how much bigger the 3 is than a Civic sedan, and our ILX.

We have a 2005 Civic Coupe and 2013 CRV.

Here are the actual measurements compared to the m3:

LENGTH
m3: 184.8"
Civic: 175.4" (+9.4")
CRV: 178.3" (+6.5")

WIDTH
m3: 76.1"/72.8" (with mirrors folded)
Civic: 66.7" (+9.4"/+6.1")
CRV: 71.6" (+4.5"/+1.2")

CARGO VOLUME
m3: 14 cu. ft.
Civic: 12.9 cu. ft.

The fact that your speedometer is now no longer behind the streering wheel but on the screen next to me at first seemed like I need to get used to it for a little, but somehow nothing about it seems wrong. And now that I am back in our VW eGolf and Tesla Model X, and I realize I lift up in the seat to peak past my hands or a steering wheel spoke to see something on that legacy display, I realize that tesla got it right. And I am looking forward to my eGolf being replaced with the Model 3 and me not having to do that any more :)

Sorry, I don't understand what you are talking about.

What do you mean by
"I lift up in the seat to peak past my hands or a steering wheel spoke to see something on that legacy display"
?
What position is your seat in (or how "tall" are you) for you to not be able to see what is on your display?
I don't know any car where even part of the display would be obscured by the steering wheel as a whole or even parts thereof. How is that at all possible??? o_O

What do you mean by
"I lift up in the seat to peak past my hands or a steering wheel spoke to see something on that legacy display"
?
What position is your seat in (or how "tall" are you) for you to not be able to see what is on your display?
I don't know any car where even part of the display would be obscured by the steering wheel as a whole or even parts thereof. How is that at all possible??? o_O
It's super possible in almost all cars.....
2010_toyota_camry_steeringwheel.jpg

What do you mean by
?
Happens more than you think.

WIDTH
m3: 76.1"/72.8" (with mirrors folded)
Civic: 66.7" (+9.4"/+6.1")
CRV: 71.6" (+4.5"/+1.2")

Thanks for sharing your pictures and impressions! I can't wait to see my first Model 3 in person. :)

Quick clarification so it doesn't get confused. The Model 3 is 82.2" wide (76.1" with mirrors folded) per Tesla's press kit and the Model 3 page. The numbers you provided were incorrectly provided by Tesla early on.

Press Kit | Tesla

What do you mean by
?

Normally in a car the steering wheel has to be set at just the right height to see the complete instrument cluster through it. I can't be bothered repositioning the steering wheel in my wife's car each time I drive it, so I always have to duck my head slightly to see the speed.

Reactions: Laban
Status
Not open for further replies.