Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Plaid 5 and 7 seat option removed

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a 5 seater MX Plaid on order. After reading that 6 seater is now mandatory...do they rear 2 seats fold down like the 7 seater to make it flat rear cargo area? I am needing the rear cargo space like the 5 seater set up.

Middle row doesn't fold in 6. Rear is foldable and same across all configs.

Any reason why LR is ok to have 5/7 but highest trim is hobbled? That's the biggest red flag here.

Just got a call about my 5 seat plaid reservation, offered to change it to 6 seat for no extra charge. I wonder if that's because I am at current pricing (I ordered in June, but I don't believe there have been any changes to the base price aside from 6 seat standard now) Will be curious if that changes my March EDD

Middle row doesn't fold in 6. Rear is foldable and same across all configs.

Any reason why LR is ok to have 5/7 but highest trim is hobbled? That's the biggest red flag here.
Maybe reinforcement and mounting for 3rd motor are not compatible with necessary chassis changes. Another thought is they wanted to get the Plaids out there while waiting for the middle fold-down seats needed for 5/7 seat option.

Just received a call from Tesla as well and it looks like they are offering a free "upgrade" to the 6 seater option for any 5 seat Plaid orders. Unfortunately I'll need the extra trunk space, but might take delivery of it and resell, as I received $6,500 for free?

Email from Tesla below (sent after the call):

"Thank you for taking a moment to discuss your Model X order. We have confirmed that you will moving into the 6 Seat Model X Plaid configuration and you’ll be able to see the updated pricing within a few days. Your price adjustment will change again when you get closer to your delivery timeline."