Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Plaid center console light turns off when fully opened?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My SC is working on mine now and I'll get it back today. I pointed the tech to this thread in advance so hopefully they will be able to do it. So far I have been very happy with the Tucson service center.

Reactions: cwanja
They replaced my entire center console yesterday to fix this problem with mine. Reportedly the tech had a TSB that he was referring to to fix the problem, so it looks like they're communicating the issue to the service centers. Took from 10:30 AM to 5:50 PM for them to complete the job, but it's working like it's supposed to now.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: mcirish and cwanja
They replaced my entire center console yesterday to fix this problem with mine. Reportedly the tech had a TSB that he was referring to to fix the problem, so it looks like they're communicating the issue to the service centers. Took from 10:30 AM to 5:50 PM for them to fix the problem, but it's working like it's supposed to now.
Can you get and post that TSB number? That would be a huge help for others.

• Helpful
Reactions: mcirish and cwanja
My tech found a similar TSB, but it involved re-pinning some of the wires in the harness and swapping them around until it worked. He was hesitant to do that since it would require him tearing down a lot of the console to get to all the switches. Maybe replacing the entire console is easier?

My tech found a similar TSB, but it involved re-pinning some of the wires in the harness and swapping them around until it worked. He was hesitant to do that since it would require him tearing down a lot of the console to get to all the switches. Maybe replacing the entire console is easier?
Replacing the console is what gave me this problem in the first place. I was good until then. There must be a bad batch of consoles out there.

Reactions: Cyb_
I love the Tucson Service Center. I got my car back last night and they indeed fixed the console lights. All lights work as they should now. This is fixable without replacing the console.

• Love
Reactions: cwanja
The invoice does not show much. I'm planning on stopping by the SC in the next week again to get more details on the actual fix. Will post here when I do. Here is the info from the invoice.

Screen Shot 2022-03-09 at 9.14.01 AM.png

I thought this thread was useless and theres no way Tesla would do something stupid like this but I went out to check my car and lo and behold it is broken. Now I can't unsee it. My life is ruined because of this thread.

Yet another thing to add to my laundry list of service items while I wait for my replacement windshield.

I thought this thread was useless and theres no way Tesla would do something stupid like this but I went out to check my car and lo and behold it is broken. Now I can't unsee it. My life is ruined because of this thread.

Yet another thing to add to my laundry list of service items while I wait for my replacement windshield.
I'm waiting till Tesla acknowledges this since I really don't want them pulling my console out when others have had simple chip changes done

Reactions: jm404
How do I remove the reaR console panel below the screen where the USB-C ports are located? Is it just clipped so I pry it off ? Don’t want to break it.

I have to reconnect my ALP radar and laser system after Tesla fixed my center console lights.

FWIW a ranger is supposed to come to me between 12:30 and 5:30 with a new console (and privacy shelf!) - i had to okay the roughly $836 charge, which wont' be charged if under warranty.
whole thing is stupid.
we have members who have it fixed.
we have members who have it replaced.
they spent a day or 2 last time my car was in the SC to try to fix and they couldn't.
i wonder if there are different batches that have fixability or not.
either way, totally stupid of Tesla.

FWIW a ranger is supposed to come to me between 12:30 and 5:30 with a new console (and privacy shelf!) - i had to okay the roughly $836 charge, which wont' be charged if under warranty.
whole thing is stupid.
they spent a day or 2 last time my car was in the SC to try to fix and they couldn't.
Have them call a SC that was able to fix it. The Tucson SC fixed mine. It now works like the one my car was delivered with.

whole thing is stupid.
Yeah, I refuse to accept any of those charges. They are out of their mind trying to get us to accept charges for a new car.

whole thing is stupid.
My tech showed me the switches that need to be reversed to make the console lighting work correctly. There are three switches. Can’t tell you which are which but he said one of them was installed backwards or upside down.

Attachments

• FE27DA2D-88F6-470D-B409-98753A7236E3.jpeg
    FE27DA2D-88F6-470D-B409-98753A7236E3.jpeg
    497.7 KB · Views: 110
  • Informative
Reactions: mcirish and Cyb_