Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Plaid Vibration around 38-42MPH....

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Mine is creaking from the front suspension. They are really struggling to find the source. First they thought it was the sway bar bushings, but that didn't fix it. Now they are trying the radiator mounts? Something squeaks when the frame torques left<-->right, like going up a driveway entrance at an angle.

I had my 2022 P in three times for the low-speed creaking in the front. It was permanently cured the fourth time by taking off and cleaning the bash bar\plate and re-torquing to specs.

• Informative
Reactions: The Duke and jebinc
I had my 2022 P in three times for the low-speed creaking in the front. It was permanently cured the fourth time by taking off and cleaning the bash bar\plate and re-torquing to specs.
I've told them about that and they said they did that several times. I hope they actually did it. This time they've been using microphones and driving up a little driveway over and over again, dozens of times.... It's been in service for 23 days now ..

I originally posted back in Dec '21 that I had vibration issues coming from the front of the car consistent with the title of this post. On a road trip to San Francisco in March, I noticed quite a bit more vibration at >=70mph as well. My wife also mentioned the vibration. Anyway, I took the car in to Tesla service to their new facility in Beaverton, OR. The tech took a test drive with me and, though he noticed the vibration, it wasn't obvious to him the front drive shafts were the problem. They ended up replacing them and it solved the problem.

I originally posted back in Dec '21 that I had vibration issues coming from the front of the car consistent with the title of this post. On a road trip to San Francisco in March, I noticed quite a bit more vibration at >=70mph as well. My wife also mentioned the vibration. Anyway, I took the car in to Tesla service to their new facility in Beaverton, OR. The tech took a test drive with me and, though he noticed the vibration, it wasn't obvious to him the front drive shafts were the problem. They ended up replacing them and it solved the problem.
How long ago (or how many miles ago) did you have the half shafts replaced?

If you want to get hands on, swap your tires to the rear and see if the issue follows or goes away. I'm guessing it's a wheel/tire balance/runout issue. The motors are held to a very high standard when it comes to balancing and tolerances. The hubs are also pretty high tolerance. The half shafts and rotors are not held to very tight tolerances, and the wheels/tires have extremely loose tolerances (hence wheel weights).
You can balance a tire to get rid of almost all vibration, but if there is a lateral balance issue, it can present itself like this. It's easily fixed with a dynamic balancer and wheel weights.
If the wheel is out of round >1/8" it should be discarded/replaced because it cannot be fixed with weights. 1/8" is a rule of thumb though. On a car that is meant for this kind of performance, I would think that number would be lower. I can't imagine how an 1/8" out of round would feel/handle at 150+mph.

Good luck!
I have a 22 MSLR (21 factory wheels w/ Mitchell on PS4 5k on them) get a shake in the yoke at 75-85 mph. At 150 nothing at 35 nothing. So I had front wheels and tires re-balanced 2 times . Still do it’s. Put my other set of 19s on smooth nothing !!
Nothing was bent damaged or repaired at any point. Nor is anything detectable from road debris or pothole. It’s definitely a front tire because of the steering wheel shake. Quick tip as if you feel your seat bottom semi you know it’s coming from the rear.
I do calibrate the car for the size tire that is on the vehicle when I do make the change. Not that it matters, but I do have an Unplugged .Not that it matters, but I do have an Unplugged performance adaptive lowering kit.

I have a 22 MSLR (21 factory wheels w/ Mitchell on PS4 5k on them) get a shake in the yoke at 75-85 mph. At 150 nothing at 35 nothing. So I had front wheels and tires re-balanced 2 times . Still do it’s. Put my other set of 19s on smooth nothing !!
Nothing was bent damaged or repaired at any point. Nor is anything detectable from road debris or pothole. It’s definitely a front tire because of the steering wheel shake. Quick tip as if you feel your seat bottom semi you know it’s coming from the rear.
I do calibrate the car for the size tire that is on the vehicle when I do make the change. Not that it matters, but I do have an Unplugged .Not that it matters, but I do have an Unplugged performance adaptive lowering kit.
Defective belt in tire.