Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Plaid X Vibration at beginning of each drive: Who is experiencing this?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've determined that a bunch of Plaid X owners are experiencing some sort of vibration that you can feel in the pedal during the first few mins of every drive. I don't know if any Refresh LR owners are experiencing this but if so please reply. The vibration usually lasts for a few mins or miles then seems to go away but if I stop at a store or something then get back in a start driving again, the vibration occurs again for the first few mins then goes away.

It's been happening to mine since day 1 and thought it had something to do with the suspension or just overall "warming up" of the motors but its been a few weeks since I took delivery and it hasn't gone away. I currently have 600 miles on my car.

I have mobile service coming on next week to check it out so I will report back with what they find.

Please reply below if you are experiencing this and be sure to note Plaid or LR and how many miles are currently on your car.

Hopefully it doesn't become an issue but would like to gauge how many owners are currently experiencing this. Thanks

• Informative
Reactions: croman and jebinc
I have the same issue on my 90 mile 2022 Plaid X build date Jan 22. Definetly something strange going on first few minutes driving, and then it appears to be fine. When I adjust my suspension to very low it actually gets worse. But as said, after a few minutes, it seems to go away.

Reactions: jebinc
I def feel something in the pedal but to reiterate, it goes away after a few mins or at about a mile of driving or so. No vibration in the yoke but def a hum from what I suspect are the front motors that then probably translates into a slight vibration in the pedal. Service appt on Tuesday so ill be sure to report back.

I have an acceleration shudder at 35-42 mph... lots of model s owners are sharing the same experience:

• Informative
Reactions: nilesborg
Perhaps this will help…

Reactions: uthatcher
I have the same issue on my 90 mile 2022 Plaid X build date Jan 22. Definetly something strange going on first few minutes driving, and then it appears to be fine. When I adjust my suspension to very low it actually gets worse. But as said, after a few minutes, it seems to go away.
Give it time. It will grow in frequency of occurrence, magnitude, and speed ranges effected as you approach and pass 2000 miles. Ask any suffering Refreshed model S or Plaid owner who has this affliction - and there are many.

Tesla’s current position is, “this vibration is a normal characteristic of the refreshed Model S and Plaid, specifically; no further repairs are recommended”.

Oh, and new half shafts DO NOT fix it permanently.

Be sure to report your vibration to your SC and to DriveTesla’s “tip” line, [email protected]

Hope this helps you all, and us model S sufferers.

@n2mb_racing @lbowroom @doubleshot @EndlessPlaid @GroovaEV @uthatcher

Reactions: uthatcher