Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Plug-in car Grant now £3000 (was £3500) for cars under £50k

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla register your VIN number on the PIVG portal shortly after you order the car and they can tie the VIN to a customer.
Hence you will get the £3500 grant.

There is another active thread discussing this.

On the mobile version of the site - where does your VIN show? I have had a hidden VIN for ages and think I am on the GC but Tesla are still drawing up my contract’

finance approved. No part ex

Just under the RN number on iphone

If you’re using iPad/iPhone you can do this to see the source code using Safari on iOS. Works nicely here, it allows you to search the code for the VIN.

How to View Website Source Codes on iPad / iPhone [Quicktip] - Hongkiat

Re reading though, I’m now not sure that’s what you meant sorry! I have VIN and registration, but neither appear in my account page yet!

Is that the one that seems to send all your private data to a third party server?

upload_2020-3-12_18-7-12.png

if it helps anyone and i dont know if already been mentioned but it seemed to me that when your vin shows on your manage page that you have been assigned a reg number, thats the experience i had anyway.
From what I have been told it is a customer / order combination that gets pre-reg'd so I doubt if a cancelled order will still qualify. If it does I have a spare LR Model X order in grey if anyone wants it...

Is that the one that seems to send all your private data to a third party server?

It's hardly "all your private data" but agree it's pretty unnecessary to send anything to a 3rd party, do it all on-device this way instead... just follow the same steps and paste this instead of the other code..

forum won't actually let me post the javascript it seems.... :(

upload_2020-3-12_18-56-46.png

Link with text to copy here:
https://pastebin.com/raw/X0yuC8hk

https://ole.michelsen.dk/blog/view-source-on-the-ipad-and-iphone.html
https://ole.michelsen.dk/blog/view-source-on-the-ipad-and-iphone.html

Hadn’t spotted that, sorry. As it turns out I use code that does it on device as above, though I’ve used this guy’s open source stuff before with no issues. I’ve asked for the link in my post to be removed, can’t seem to edit it myself.

I picked mine up today from Stockport. I certainly got the £3500 from the gov. However the service guy that gave the presentation stated that Tesla had been given 4 working hours yesterday with no prior notice of the changes and they were still trying to fully understand the ramifications of the new legislation.

He did intimate that orders from today would be affected rather than orders already in.

Hope that helps some of you guys a touch.

Oh and he said they were delivering 30 cars a day until the end of March!!

Reactions: stonecoldrmw
LR is now £49,990 and this in showing on the FAQ's;

"Plug-In Grant
The plug-in grant is a purchase subsidy of up to £3,000 which is deducted from the purchase price of eligible new Tesla vehicles. Vehicles with a list price under £50,000 before application of optional extras, delivery and registration charges are eligible."

So extras don't seem to count

• Informative
Reactions: EVMeister