Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pod Point installed today - they were excellent!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Pod-Point installed today. Took about 2.5 hrs. No issues. Looks like a solid job. The installer arrived in an un-branded van so I assume he’s a contractor and not full time pod-point employee. I decided to have it installed on a wall perpendicular to the house as it would look ugly on the house itself. Photos attached. Just need a unicorn to plug into it

Attachments

• 1969349F-1C34-4CF8-B23E-359C812B7330.jpeg
    1969349F-1C34-4CF8-B23E-359C812B7330.jpeg
    221.7 KB · Views: 172
  • 42684BDE-9D0D-4D1B-8C57-957763DBBA36.jpeg
    42684BDE-9D0D-4D1B-8C57-957763DBBA36.jpeg
    952.1 KB · Views: 156
  • 9CC483DE-6D96-4D24-BE70-11EAB66767B7.jpeg
    9CC483DE-6D96-4D24-BE70-11EAB66767B7.jpeg
    719.3 KB · Views: 151
Last edited:
Pod-Point installed today. Took about 2.5 hrs. No issues. Looks like a solid job. The installer arrived in an un-branded van so I assume he’s a contractor and not full time pod-point employee. I decided to have it installed on a wall perpendicular to the house as it would look ugly on the house itself. Photos attached. Just need a unicorn to plug into it
That’s a nice neat looking job. I must say, even though I had a Rolec for four years, the Pod Point looks a lot nicer.

That’s one old electricity meter you’ve got there! Only single rate too, so are you not on an off-peak tariff?

That’s a nice neat looking job. I must say, even though I had a Rolec for four years, the Pod Point looks a lot nicer.

That’s one old electricity meter you’ve got there! Only single rate too, so are you not on an off-peak tariff?

I’ve just recently switched to Octopus energy and have applied for Octopus Go, so once they’ve installed a smart meter I’ll be on a 5p KWh rate between 12:30 and 4:30

Reactions: Roy W.
Sorry to resurrect an old thread but didn't want to start a new one. I just had my pod-point installed today for my model 3. It currently is charging at 30a/30a, is that correct or should 32a be the maximum? Also the voltage is hovering around 227-229v, does that seem correct? I ended up having to get 7.5m cable as the shorter one wasn't quite long enough, not sure if that could cause a slight voltage drop.

Sorry to resurrect an old thread but didn't want to start a new one. I just had my pod-point installed today for my model 3. It currently is charging at 30a/30a, is that correct or should 32a be the maximum? Also the voltage is hovering around 227-229v, does that seem correct? I ended up having to get 7.5m cable as the shorter one wasn't quite long enough, not sure if that could cause a slight voltage drop.

That's showing as correct. The car is charging at the maximum current being advertised by the Pod Point. Those two numbers show the current going into the car charger (the first number) and the maximum current being advertised as available by the charge point (the second number).

In your case, the Pod Point charge point is advertising that a maximum current of 30 A is available and the car charger is using all of that.

Some charge points can advertise and make available different maximum currents, and some, like the Tesla one, can be adjusted internally to set the maximum advertised current. It looks as if the Pod Point you have is set to advertise 30 A as the maximum, which, IIRC, if standard for these units.

So I've had a podpoint for just under 3 years now and when it works it's been great - however we had a problem recently and actually getting them to come out has been a nightmare.
Turns out the PCB had died inside so they replaced it under warranty which was nice but after they left it's only charging at 15A which is quite tedious.

I'm not looking forward to getting them out again and am seriously considering replacing with a Zappi 2... any experience from anyone on the service provided by the Zappi people?