Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Polestar 2 Review by FullyCharged

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
16576752-4cbf-4ba5-9ec5-5555cf3b8b73-jpeg.569599

Looks like a pretty big car judging by the Rottweiler standing next to it...

• If you plug a memory stick with music (mp3 or Flac) in to it can you play that music in the car? From what I've seen there's Spotify (and apps) and Bluetooth from your phone, that's it.
  • Is there a phone app? There's no mention of being able to pre-condition from your phone (I know that you can't use the phone as a key at the moment)
  • Is there any kind of pre-conditioning/leave-by settings in the car? I've not seen anything like that in the video reviews
  • Can the frunk only be opened using the 'bonnet release' lever?
If you could get a photo of the interior/exterior in the dark that would be nice to!

Thanks

>> It's difficult to defend a vehicle manufacturers quality when they can't get panel fitments and even PAINT correct

They got it correct with my vehicle. Deal with it.

I wonder if this is an 'expectations' issue.

I suspect your car isn't quite correct in every respect but your expectations are lower than others.

Interesting that a LOT consider the SC network essential and yet in NI to my knowledge there isn't one solitary Tesla SC and yet Teslas are spotted almost daily.

Must be another 'expectations' thing.

• Funny
Reactions: WarpedOne
I wonder if this is an 'expectations' issue.

I suspect your car isn't quite correct in every respect but your expectations are lower than others.

Interesting that a LOT consider the SC network essential and yet in NI to my knowledge there isn't one solitary Tesla SC and yet Teslas are spotted almost daily.

Must be another 'expectations' thing.

I suspect others are being hyper-aware of their Teslas where they weren't of their previous vehicles. That does not mean Tesla doesn't legitimately have QC issues...but so do all manufacturers.

I would not have bought our first Tesla without the SC network, but that's just my anecdote.

Reactions: WarpedOne
Sure, I’ll take a few pics in the morning when there’s some light to be had. Was there something specific not covered in all the other vids and photo material on this car?

Just to be clear, it’s not actually my car, so regarding spec and options? Honestly, I’ve no idea, but it’s literally the exact car shown in the video posted by the OP, so I imagine some clues are in that.
View attachment 569599
I think it's a very nice looking car, and that rear view is very striking with the strip light.

If I was buying today I would definitely shortlist it. Before I decided on an EV I was considering an XC40, so I suppose the design language already appeals to me.

Opinions aside this is great for all of us, some decent competition will keep Tesla on their toes - and help innovation in the space.

I'll be very interested to see if there are any other versions on the P2 when my lease runs out in 14 months. Current thinking is to extend my lease until a model Y, but a lot can change in a year.

Looking forward to your full impressions, Generator!

Reactions: Neilio
Whatcar just released a kind of head 2 head against the performance, they specced the polestar with performance pack as well to get the cost similar-ish
Interesting comparison that. Makes me glad I plumped for the M3P. The complaints about ride and comfort shocked me, as the M3, especially in performance guise, isn't exactly an air ride plush limo!

I guess the rest we already knew: Polestar limited by being based on an ICE vehicle (transmission tunnel, tiny frunk) and M3 lacking in build quality. Charging infrastructure and speeds the big winner for the Tesla, Obvs.

Seems the big boys (or offshoots of the big boys in this case) are getting closer but not there yet. This can only be good for Tesla longterm.

Its what's on the sticker on inside of passenger doors that counts. However your SR is a lighter car which would explain a discrepancy between LR/dual motor and SR versions.

Yes, I wondered if there might be a difference between car versions ... and checking the actual label on my car (SR+) it says 400kg (not 433kg nor 375kg)! Important additional information: I see that the Guinness world record for the most people in an old classic Mini is 27 ... they definitely didn't read the manual or the label!

Reactions: MrBadger
Indeed. It's not as if 5 seat cars haven't had transmission tunnels since forever. Nobody gave a s*** about transmission tunnels until two years ago.
Depends on the car doesn’t it? So many cars were fwd. I did find transmission tunnels an issue Before EVs and now car makers have the ability to package cars differently it’s a shame when they don’t take advantage of it

I see that the Guinness world record for the most people in an old classic Mini is 27 ... they definitely didn't read the manual or the label!

My brother bought a rag mag home one day which I didn't really understand much of the content at the time. But one I will always remember with us having a mini.

Whats harder, getting a pregnant elephant in the back of a mini, or getting an elephant pregnant in the back of a mini?
Not sure if there was a punch line.

Depends on the car doesn’t it? So many cars were fwd. I did find transmission tunnels an issue Before EVs and now car makers have the ability to package cars differently it’s a shame when they don’t take advantage of it

I think the key word is "different". It's a different compromise, i.e. a flat floor, but one that is elevated somewhat leading to a "knees up" seating position. Which do you prefer? It's another subjective choice.

Reactions: MrBadger
I think the key word is "different". It's a different compromise, i.e. a flat floor, but one that is elevated somewhat leading to a "knees up" seating position. Which do you prefer? It's another subjective choice.
Assuming the tunnel in the polestar 2 stores batteries? If it does then yes, good point. The whole battery on the floor thing seem to make sense but it could compromise floor height in cars that aren't crossovers or suvs