Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Politics - Quarantine Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sadly 'Can' and 'Will' are very different things. I can run a mile in less than 9 minutes. Will I? LOL.

Look at what the US did ~80 years ago without the advantage of modern automation. We had ~500 armored fighting vehicles in 1940... 5 years later ~100,000. 3,000 planes in 1940... >300,000 in 1945. We can... we just chose NOT TO.
yep, we can get to the moon, but instead, we spend tons of money on illegals and other stupid stuff. I can run a mile in less than 6:30, but I want to? :)

• Disagree
Reactions: dhrivnak and AquaY
Ordered LR X on February 1st, 2021. Had a delivery date in March at first, then August and then September, which disappeared completely on September 2nd.
Spoke with my Sales guy, who said that they have been having issues with their website lately. The guy is totally clueless. I feel like I'm dealing with an offshoot of the Biden Administration. Just tell us the truth so we can make plans.

Reactions: Mako11 and 1pinhigh
Ordered LR X on February 1st, 2021. Had a delivery date in March at first, then August and then September, which disappeared completely on September 2nd.
Spoke with my Sales guy, who said that they have been having issues with their website lately. The guy is totally clueless. I feel like I'm dealing with an offshoot of the Biden Administration. Just tell us the truth so we can make plans.
Leave the politics out of this!

Reactions: Lithium Future
Lolol. This reminded me of the day the PG&E line worker guy disconnected my electricity for my solar+ESS install, but then told everyone on site that if they touched my main service panel, then he wouldn't turn my electricity service back on (PS, did you know I hate PG&E?)

Anyway, when the jerk-o came back to my house 8 hours to turn my electricity back on, I asked him why he thought it would be a good idea to leave my home without electricity in the middle of November since it caused the interior home temperature to plummet since I couldn't run my furnaces. And he said "but your furnace is gas right? you could have run it just fine."

I was so pissed - how in the hell am I supposed to run the air handler if PG&E threatens the people who are working on my house? That if they touch my main panel then I'll never get my power turned back on????? FRACCCKKK YOU PG&E FFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUASDFJALSDJ#@*U

PSS. Did you know i really really really hate PG&E?

Well, they are much more loved by Gov Newsom and his PUC than we are, and that's what really matters. :)

Well, they are much more loved by Gov Newsom and his PUC than we are, and that's what really matters. :)

Yeah, unfortunately I looked through the list of scrub candidates that think they can do a better job than Gavin. The only replacement candidate that even hinted at having an agenda with the CPUC was some CPA/Accountant dude. Tempting to consider trading Gavin for a CPA...

Yeah, unfortunately I looked through the list of scrub candidates that think they can do a better job than Gavin. The only replacement candidate that even hinted at having an agenda with the CPUC was some CPA/Accountant dude. Tempting to consider trading Gavin for a CPA...
Ha... Would be nice if someone would run on an anti-PG&E agenda. It would be a winner in Northern California. After all, Arnold got Gray Davis swapped out over the first PG&E failure and increased DMV license fees...

Is that $100k per person or household? That is the fundamental problem with the Senate. Basically 41 Senators can stop anything. 41 from poor red states. In a lot of those states that still have minimum wage of $7.25/ hour $100k sounds like a lot of money. In the richer blue states - it is not a lot of money. And a $40k price limit? What does that buy? It should be a relative threshold. 14,000 x the states minimum wage for the full credit. And the price limit should be based on 1/2 the wage limit. States with a $7.25 minimum wage would be a family income of $101,500 with a $50,750 cap on the car. A state with a $15.00 minimum wage would be a $210,000 family income and a $105,000 cap on the car.

Uhh, this is a Democrat (blue states) written bill. Not a single republican would promote ev subsidies.

Well now it's $5k higher than it was when I bought mine in February. I can officially sell mine at a profit.

Is Tesla ramping up the price expecting the government incentives to cushion the blow? As it is now, someone buying the car with $7500 in rumored incentives is only getting $2500 off the price I paid.

Nah, just they are just going with the flow of the uncheck inflation by the current administration. We're all getting pay cuts daily.

Nah, just they are just going with the flow of the uncheck inflation by the current administration. We're all getting pay cuts daily.

The problem isn’t ‘inflation’. It’s that most Americans aren’t paid enough.​

Years ago, Marriner Eccles, chairman of the Federal Reserve from 1934 to 1948, explained that the Great Depression occurred because the buying power of most Americans fell far short of what the economy was producing.

He blamed the increasing concentration of wealth at the top: SAME AS TODAY

“A giant suction pump had by 1929-1930 drawn into a few hands an increasing portion of currently produced wealth. As in a poker game where the chips were concentrated in fewer and fewer hands, the other fellows could stay in the game only by borrowing. When their credit ran out, the game stopped.”

Sound familiar?

Last edited:

The problem isn’t ‘inflation’. It’s that most Americans aren’t paid enough.​

Years ago, Marriner Eccles, chairman of the Federal Reserve from 1934 to 1948, explained that the Great Depression occurred because the buying power of most Americans fell far short of what the economy was producing.

He blamed the increasing concentration of wealth at the top: SAME AS TODAY

“A giant suction pump had by 1929-1930 drawn into a few hands an increasing portion of currently produced wealth. As in a poker game where the chips were concentrated in fewer and fewer hands, the other fellows could stay in the game only by borrowing. When their credit ran out, the game stopped.”

Sound familiar?

Ok, so just pay everyone double. That will definitely fix inflation.

lol. hopefully we get more democrats like joe manchin or even better more republicans. It's just comical that anyone can support the financial illiterate democrats.
As long as Republicans vote "no" on any bill that comes from Dems, (regardless if it benefits their state or not, they just will always vote no), and you have Sinema and Manchin that arent really Democrats still in office, you will never see the bill get the votes needed. never! Anyone that says different, is living in an alternate reality.
Republicans (and Joe Manchin) are bought and paid for by coal and gas lobbyists. They will never vote for renewable energy related bills. Sorry, but just a fact.

lol. hopefully we get more democrats like joe manchin or even better more republicans. It's just comical that anyone can support the financial illiterate democrats.
That should read, "financially illiterate democrats." Just saying.
So, if you support a party that is bought and paid for by lobbyists out to destroy the environment, that want to deplete every natural resource, and are actively trying to kill EV's in all forms, why are you buying a Tesla? I would think a big F250 or even a 350, or H2 Hummer would be more your style?

This will be great for expanding infrastructure around Texas!
First, yeah clearly Texas needs to upgrade their infrastructure, especially the electrical grid which can’t handle climate extremes. Second, is anyone at all concerned that Texas is the state that just banned abortions with a lunatic law that encourages a kind of vigilante justice? There’s some crazy *sugar* going on in Texas, so maybe we shouldn’t be all excited about the move.

Long overdue... California has become very anti-business and Tesla is the only company left producing cars in the state.

"Elon Musk announced that Tesla is officially moving its headquarters to Austin, Texas – something he threatened to do in the past. During the early days of the Covid-19 pandemic, Elon Musk said that Tesla would leave California after he grew frustrated with the restrictions making it hard for the automaker to restart production.

Soon after, Tesla announced plans to build a large factory and complex in Austin, Texas, but the automaker’s headquarters remained in Palo Alto. Musk himself officially relocated to Texas and there have been rumors that Tesla would soon follow. At Tesla’s 2021 shareholder’s meeting, the CEO confirmed that Tesla is moving its headquarters to Austin, Texas. However, Musk made a point that Tesla would continue to grow its presence in California:

“We are continuing to expand our presence in California, we are not leaving California, but we are hitting the sides of the bowl.” Musk said that Tesla plans to grow vehicle production at Fremont factory by 50%. This time, the CEO didn’t talk about politics in California, but instead said that Tesla “took it to as far as it could in the Bay Area”. He added that it’s hard for employees to afford houses and he believes that Tesla will be more competitive in Austin."

Well, it appears that Musk has shown his true colors - just another fxxxxxx egocentric billionaire. Who else would move to perhaps the most regressive state at its peak of egregious activity except to avoid personal taxes and governmental oversight? I have a Powerwall II. It is now the last bit of Tesla technology I plan to own. Actions have consequences.

Well, it appears that Musk has shown his true colors - just another fxxxxxx egocentric billionaire. Who else would move to perhaps the most regressive state at its peak of egregious activity except to avoid personal taxes and governmental oversight? I have a Powerwall II. It is now the last bit of Tesla technology I plan to own. Actions have consequences.
Long overdue... California regulations have become very anti-business and Tesla is the only company left producing cars in the state.
Note to mods... not intended as a political statement or discussion.

"Elon Musk announced that Tesla is officially moving its headquarters to Austin, Texas – something he threatened to do in the past. During the early days of the Covid-19 pandemic, Elon Musk said that Tesla would leave California after he grew frustrated with the restrictions making it hard for the automaker to restart production.

Soon after, Tesla announced plans to build a large factory and complex in Austin, Texas, but the automaker’s headquarters remained in Palo Alto. Musk himself officially relocated to Texas and there have been rumors that Tesla would soon follow. At Tesla’s 2021 shareholder’s meeting, the CEO confirmed that Tesla is moving its headquarters to Austin, Texas. However, Musk made a point that Tesla would continue to grow its presence in California:

“We are continuing to expand our presence in California, we are not leaving California, but we are hitting the sides of the bowl.” Musk said that Tesla plans to grow vehicle production at Fremont factory by 50%. This time, the CEO didn’t talk about politics in California, but instead said that Tesla “took it to as far as it could in the Bay Area”. He added that it’s hard for employees to afford houses and he believes that Tesla will be more competitive in Austin."

Long overdue... California has become very anti-business and Tesla is the only company left producing cars in the state.

Texas is like a third world country favored by capitalists. Low wages. Low regulation. Dodgy electricity. Fascist politicians who hate women and minorities. Good place to exploit.

Last edited:
  • Disagree
Reactions: JRP3 and FlatSix911
Status
Not open for further replies.