TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

[POLL] CA Current owners ONLY. Have you received your config invite yet?

Discussion in 'Model 3: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by insaneoctane, Nov 24, 2017.

?

As a current Tesla owner, Have you received your configuration email yet?

1. Yes

198 vote(s)
    65.3%
  2. No

105 vote(s)
    34.7%
  1. tomas

tomas Only partially psycho

controlled sample so the data means something. Tesla stated they were starting west coast and near the factory. Every reported data point except one has been CA. So makes sense to see what % of CA owner/reservationholders have been invited to configure and how that evolves. Got a better idea?

(About that anomaly, ahem :cool:)

2. bonnie

bonnie Oil is for sissies.

I don't even have the latest software yet!

3. FlatSix911

FlatSix911 918 Hybrid

The model year is shown on the individual vehicle listing :cool:
    upload_2017-11-26_21-42-5.png

4. JenniferQ

JenniferQ Supporting Member

No Chill here either!

• Helpful x 1
  5. insaneoctane

insaneoctane Active Member

Because it appears CA was being filled first. I didn't want to skew percentages. Once we see several outside California, I will change the title and open it up.

6. tomas

{envision tiny violins}:)

• Funny x 2
    • Like x 1
  7. gregincal

gregincal Active Member

I’ll just say there is a difference between seeing the model year as a detail when looking at the individual car (like the location) as opposed to “listed by Model year”, which they are not.

• Funny x 1
  8. Lenover

Lenover New Member

Am I considered an owner if I have paid $1000 for a reservation?

• Funny x 2
  9. gg_got_a_tesla

gg_got_a_tesla Model S: VIN 65513, Model 3: VIN 1913

That's the amount that everyone put down to make a reservation. Owner meant someone who has an S/X/Roadster. Also, CA here was intended to be California...

10. daniel

daniel Active Member

Interesting poll. Thanks for putting it up. (Doesn't apply to me in WA but we're all interested to see how this moves.)

Tesla has said that once you receive your invitation you can configure at any time. If you delay ordering, people that order before you will move ahead of you in the production schedule. But otherwise you retain your place in the reservation queue.

No. The point of the "owner" category is that people who already own a Tesla are given priority. Obviously, the poll starter wanted to see how many of the top-priority group have been invited. The top priority group are people who already own a Tesla and live in CA. This measure allows the poll to track the ramp-up better than asking the whole reservationist community, since this way changes as the roll-out progresses will show up more clearly in the percentages.

11. gldfld

gldfld Member

I need some help. We live in so. California, have a model S, and reserved a model 3 on 7/31/2017. The problem is, according to the estimator, we can expect delivery late 2018. After many, many conversations with low level people at Tesla (they do a real good job at protecting those who can actually resolve issues), we are assured that we will have a delivery priority, and that the estimator needs to be updated. Needless to say, I'm beyond skeptical. I would like to see a reply from anyone here that is a current owner, lives in California, reserved a model 3 at about the same time frame, and would share their delivery estimate.

12. daniel

daniel Active Member

Just a couple of thoughts:

1. Does your present Model S show up on the same My Tesla page as your Model 3 reservation? Both cars must show up on the same page for the priority to be recognized. I originally used a different email address to place my Model 3 reservation than was on my account for the Roadster. I had to get that straightened out for Tesla's computer to recognize that my Model 3 reservation counted as being from an owner.

2. There should be three delivery date estimates. One for the $49K long-range version, one for the $35K short-range version, and another for the AWD version. If you have selected the AWD as your preference, it will show a later estimated delivery date. You can change that on your delivery date page.

• Helpful x 1
  13. dennis

dennis P85D

Has anyone who selected AWD as their preference gotten a configuration invite? I am a current owner, CA, 3/31/16 10:30am in store reservation and have not received an invite. The reason I ask is that the website says your priority is not changed based on which of the three configurations you state as your preference.

14. CUBldr97

CUBldr97 Member

Only problem with this is that there are current owners being able to order WHO are not CA residents. One of the first is a NY resident, and another is a FL resident. So trying to figure this is out is like everything else with Tesla "Who the Hell knows" is far more appropriate.

15. tomas

Multi state residents. All Tesla can go on is address you gave them. They are not running a detective agency. Please let the members who believe there is rationality use this thread to get some useful data. Peddle your frustration elsewhere.

PS, have you ever tried to understand any auto maker’s allocation method for in demand cars? Tesla is actually pretty transparent.

16. CUBldr97

CUBldr97 Member

I have no frustration... Just pointing out that first delivery isn't necessarily limited to CA... As in the "West to EAST" is not limited to CA. and there is some Skews to the delivery schema.

17. gldfld

gldfld Member

Thanks Daniel for the advice but my problem has been solved. The estimator now shows my estimated delivery between Dec. and Feb.

• Informative x 1
  18. Kbra

Kbra Member

Just got my invite today. CA Owner of 2 Teslas so far, soon to be 3 or 4.
    Just need to decide on color... Probably blue again

• Like x 4
  19. TaoJones

TaoJones Beyond Driven

Received almost 2 weeks ago and duly deferred (ostensibly for the AWD variant) so that one of youse more deserving types can have me place in line.

• Like x 4
    • Love x 1
  20. SMAlset

SMAlset Active Member

Seems like people either got invites today or their schedule got updated.