Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[POLL] CA Current owners ONLY. Have you received your config invite yet?

As a current Tesla owner, Have you received your configuration email yet?

• Yes

Votes: 198 65.3%
  • No

Votes: 105 34.7%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is interesting. I was out of the country when the 3 was announced and even though it was April 1 in the US my time stamp was April 2 because of the time zone I was in when I reserved. I’m a current owner and CA resident. I was expecting they would have invited all Ca resident owners before going outside this state but that was clearly an erroneous assumption. Appears location and ownership is trumped by (sorry no pun intended) deposit time stamp. Hopefully we will get our invite in the first 2 quarter’s after the 200K number is set so we can still get the $7500 tax credit. Regardless, it’s cool to see the ramp up happening.

This is interesting. I was out of the country when the 3 was announced and even though it was April 1 in the US my time stamp was April 2 because of the time zone I was in when I reserved. I’m a current owner and CA resident. I was expecting they would have invited all Ca resident owners before going outside this state but that was clearly an erroneous assumption. Appears location and ownership is trumped by (sorry no pun intended) deposit time stamp. Hopefully we will get our invite in the first 2 quarter’s after the 200K number is set so we can still get the $7500 tax credit. Regardless, it’s cool to see the ramp up happening.

Ownership still trumps everything. They have gone from first day California Owners to first day rest of US owners. I would expect that early (but not first day) owner reservations would be next.

Got our config invite this morning. CA current MS owner, signed up several days after the list opened. Figured I'd be configuring late in the year, but the bump-up for current owner puts me for delivery in Feb. Sorry for any we stepped in front of, but if I may, we paid $40,000 down for our first car, and THEN WAITED six years before they built it. Tesla staff still remember 00064 and have remarked, "Oh, the brown one!" It's an exclusive membership, still is for the Model 3s, only bigger now.

License says it all: (heart) R TESLA. New license says says "MILLIS 3"

OK, sigh, got 1st invite this AM. CA current model S owner, reserved two cars 3/31 in Santa Barbara store. Changing vote now.

We will definitely proceed with ordering, just unsure how quickly. The Model 3 is replacing a leased eGolf. There's little incentive to turn it in early, but we may just bite the bullet on the extra lease payments because the 3 is so very cooooool!

Reactions: Esme Es Mejor
any current owner with ETA Dec - Feb get an invite yet?

Roadster owner here, second-day order, Dec-Feb estimate. No invite yet.

One big question I have: Will owners who reserved on Day 2 get invites before or after non-owners who stood in line on Day 1? What about owners outside of CA vs. non-owners who stood in like in CA?

Selfishness says I hope Day-2 owners are ahead of all non-owners, but it would really be more fair, especially with the delays, for all line-waiters to be before all Day-2 and later reservers.

Did anyone else receive this invitation for another Model 3 event in Palo Alto? :cool:
upload_2018-1-9_23-41-53.png

Still haven't got an invite and can't configure through MyTesla (CA owner + line waiter). I called and a very helpful person said he would escalate to Production Management and get back to me in 48h or so.

Received an email from an Inside Sales Advisor saying that we could "start the delivery process" but they've been unreachable by phone and neither of my reservations are configurable via MyTesla. We'll see what happens next... I just hope that there's no bug with my account that will affect the queue position for my Roadster reservation. o_O

It explicitly says "During the event, you can sit inside Model 3 ... " So they'd better have one on hand.... it might be the beginning of showroom cars in general.

I called the Costa Mesa SoCal sales center earlier this week and they said they won't have one until Q2. YMMV.

• Informative
Reactions: tracksyde
Question- I am a current owner model S- we reserved a model three in October. We are going to do the long-range battery so we will be in the first run. The car is for my daughter. My question is to anyone who's configured- once you get the email to configure how long do you have to put down your $2500 and complete the configuring of the car?

I wonder if this means they will have a Model 3 on display when they open to the public on January 12th (probably not, but you never know).
First Tesla Model 3 display cars are going to LA and Palo Alto Friday
Tesla confirmed today that the first two Tesla Model 3 display cars are going to Los Angeles and Palo Alto this Friday. It will be the first opportunity for Model 3 reservation holders and the public to see and sit in the vehicle outside of the few events where Tesla brought the Model 3. Starting from tomorrow, Tesla’s Stanford Mall in Palo Alto and its Century City Mall in Los Angeles will become the company’s first two retail locations to have a Model 3 on display.

Tesla says that it is starting where they have a high concentration of reservation holders and Los Angeles and the Bay Area are two of its biggest markets. After California, Tesla will gradually add Model 3 display cars to its locations around the US as it ramps up production and continues the rollout of its latest electric vehicle. Earlier this month, Tesla said that it is now producing Model 3 at an extrapolated rate of 1,000 cars per week and it plans to ramp up to 2,500 units per week by the end of the quarter.

Reactions: EinSV