Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

POLL: If the GOP tax reform kills the $7500 tax credit, will you still buy?

If the GOP tax reform kills the $7500 tax credit, will you still buy?

• No

Votes: 119 23.2%
  • Yes

Votes: 393 76.8%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Losing the tax credit would be a win for Tesla

I agree here. Tesla in the long run will win with the rest of the 2020 EVs slated to come out. The extra incentive to buy a legacy EV will no longer be available. Of course I had no problem taking my $7500 for the Model 3, but the credit being eliminated makes my decision easier. I will put it off now.

You don't have a right to misrepresent other people's opinions.

and who expect the second coming of Christ to make the environment irrelevant.

Who is mis-representing opinions now?

I'm going to buy a 2018 Volt this month for the tax credit (don't like the Bolt). That will give me a few years to wait on the Model 3, not stress about early reliability, etc. I know this is likely to get flamed since it's a hybrid, but I think it's the best choice for my finances/risk tolerance.

• Informative
Reactions: geometro
Yep, I live close to the center of town and don't drive far so I suspect ~75% of my driving will be in EV mode. Only road-trips will put me over that.
I bought a Prius Prime PHEV earlier this year for ~ $17k after credits.. For my use profile of the car I am running just over 100 mpg. I did not really consider a Volt even though the hybrid functionality is somewhat similar because it is GM for one, and because I wanted the Toyota safety package and reliability.

I did not misrepresent opinions. The extreme religious right, or at any rate large segments of it, hold the view I attributed to them in my post, though you chose to quote that out of context also. You, on the other hand, suggested that I hold a view I never held or expressed.

I find it amazing that you somehow have the power to know what other people think.

No special power. It's a view that many people on the extreme religious right have openly expressed.

What you previously stated is an absurdity that borders on parody.

I don’t know anyone, religious or otherwise, who doesn’t care about the world they are leaving their kids. Based on your posts I suspect you don’t have children yourself and do t understand the motives of those who do.

I also know a great many liberals and conservatives and have never encountered anyone who believes that Jesus is coming so the environment doesn’t matter.

I think you are smearing a lot of people you don’t understand with a very broad brush.

You think Trump is a Christian? That's some pretty funny stuff.
Ask Evangelicals. They are one of his bastions of support.

Now, back to the Daniel's contention if you can stay on topic for a second ?
At a town hall in Michigan last May, Republican Rep. Tim Walberg assured his constituents that, while the climate may be changing, they don’t need to be concerned. “As a Christian, I believe that there is a creator in God who is much bigger than us,” he told them. “And I’m confident that, if there’s a real problem, He can take care of it.”

This idea—that whatever happens in God’s creation happens with His blessing—has deep roots in the American evangelical community, especially among the elite fundamentalists who walk the halls of power in Washington, D.C. For years, an evangelical minister named Ralph Drollinger has held weekly Bible studies for members of Congress, preaching that social welfare programs are un-Christian and agitating for military action against Iran. (In December 2015, he expressed his desire to shape Donald Trump into a benevolent, Christian dictator.) Drollinger also teaches that climate change caused by humans is impossible in light of God’s covenant with Noah after the Flood: “To think that man can alter the earth’s ecosystem—when God remains omniscient, omnipresent and omnipotent in the current affairs of mankind—is to more than subtly espouse an ultra-hubristic, secular worldview relative to the supremacy and importance of man,” he wrote recently.

Reactions: Tonymil
Only Christianity apparently since people are lauded for pounding on Christians but are admonished for ridiculing Jews, Hindus, Muslims, etc.

For the record I am an agnostic.

I ridicule them all equally, FWIW.

I also don't have, want, or even like kids, but I dislike it when people needlessly pollute because it affects *me*. I don't care if someone drives an ICE (I'm a reasonable person generally), but I get aggravated by those who modify their emissions controls and "roll coal" or other penile compensation methods.

Last edited:
Reactions: pdxrob
I don't see the problem. The coal roller is having a little fun, and I obviously could not care less about *you.*

As a general rule: Do whatever the hell you please as long as you're not affecting the life/health or property of someone else without their consent. If everyone could stick to that, this world would be a much better place.