Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Poll: No confirmation NoA this week?

Will the 3/15 release include full NoA (no confirmations required?)

• Yes

Votes: 11 19.6%
  • No

Votes: 45 80.4%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I doubt it is coming this week. But I think we are close. The fact that NOA now let's you delay an auto lane change on the screen, would certainly seem to suggest that they are setting up NOA to do the auto lane change without driver confirmation if you don't push the delay button. Plus, NOA is a lot better than it used to be. So I would say we are probably a couple months away from NOA without driver confirmation.

I doubt it is coming this week. But I think we are close. The fact that NOA now let's you delay an auto lane change on the screen, would certainly seem to suggest that they are setting up NOA to do the auto lane change without driver confirmation if you don't push the delay button. Plus, NOA is a lot better than it used to be. So I would say we are probably a couple months away from NOA without driver confirmation.

I think we're at least a couple months away from using it outside of long distance travel not in urban areas (or suburban). I would welcome it for a long road trip and I'd consider using it without my family in the car just because I'm a thrill junky I guess...

But I also think 50% of its suggestions are silly because AP lacks sufficient contextual understanding to make informed decisions. It might never be trustworthy without this broader understanding of the driving task and environment.

It's very unlikely it will be a public release to the fleet but rather a release to Early Access Program for further testing to ensure no bugs are present before it is fully released to the fleet.

Look at all the issues with Sentry mode had during the release and it was rolled back for public release.

I think we're at least a couple months away from using it outside of long distance travel not in urban areas (or suburban). I would welcome it for a long road trip and I'd consider using it without my family in the car just because I'm a thrill junky I guess...

When I said NOA without driver confirmation is probably a couple months away, I was referring to NOA on the highway, not city streets. NOA on city streets is probably about 1 year away.

When I said NOA without driver confirmation is probably a couple months away, I was referring to NOA on the highway, not city streets. NOA on city streets is probably about 1 year away.

Where I live there are plenty of highways that go through urban areas. That's my entire commute for example and NoA is absolute garbage at operating in that environment. Its actually downright dangerous.

I would never trust NoA, in its current form, on city streets. AP has been bad enough.

• Helpful
Reactions: rnortman
Where I live there are plenty of highways that go through urban areas. That's my entire commute for example and NoA is absolute garbage at operating in that environment. Its actually downright dangerous.

I would never trust NoA, in its current form, on city streets. AP has been bad enough.

That's not surprising since NOA is currently not intended for city streets.

Reactions: BridgeMojo
Anyone have thoughts as to why the significant push to 2019.5.15 this week, only to turn around and push something else out starting on the 15th? This seems super inefficient to me....

If I were a betting man I would say that ElonPromise may be slipping...a Tweet from today said “Comes with 2019.8, which finishes validation this week” which sounds suspiciously like that 15th date will slip. Nothing new there though as several things were coming “next week” over the past few months only to leave most of us on 2018.50.X still to this day.

Elon Musk on Twitter

If I were a betting man I would say that ElonPromise may be slipping...a Tweet from today said “Comes with 2019.8, which finishes validation this week” which sounds suspiciously like that 15th date will slip. Nothing new there though as several things were coming “next week” over the past few months only to leave most of us on 2018.50.X still to this day.

Elon Musk on Twitter

It is worth noting that Musk was responding to a tweet asking about Sentry Mode for a French Model S. So presumably the 2019.8 update which is undergoing final validation this week will bring Sentry Mode to Model S cars in France. Here in the US, we already have Sentry Model now on the Model 3. I got Sentry Mode yesterday in 2019.5. I thought based on previous info that the March 15 update, which I am assuming is the 2019.8 one, will give us Advanced Summon. So maybe 2019.8 in the US will give Advanced Summon but in Europe, it will give Sentry Mode? Or maybe Musk thought the user was asking about Advanced Summon? In any case, it is not that surprising if the update was originally scheduled for a March 15 release but maybe slipped a bit. It happens a lot in software development.

Musk thought the user was asking about Advanced Summon? In any case, it is not that surprising if the update was originally scheduled for a March 15 release but maybe slipped a bit. It happens a lot in software development.

It happens a lot more in Elon Musk’s tweeting than in software development, so I don’t think the software development excuse is the one we should go to first. Elon is simply wrong a lot on Twitter and possibly on purpose.

After all, Elon Musk already said Advanced Summon would come in around six weeks... on November 1st, 2018.

Tesla's Advanced Summon will be ready in ~6 weeks, says Elon Musk

See how Musk even says in November that Advanced Summon will read parking lot signs and know where to park! Really!

This is why so many of us don’t really believe him anymore.