Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Poll: When will FSD V12 be in wide release?

When will FSD V12 be in wide release?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

… except the difference this time is that we have AI vs team of programmers. What is 4 mo of AI equate to in human years? 400 years?

Is 8/8 like the launch date of Genesis/Skynet? Elon is a Terminator from the future! We should go camping on that day! :eek:

Last edited:

FSD now $99/mo, I would expect higher take rate for summer road trips but still not 100%.
100%? That’s impossible unless they give it to everyone for free. Take rate won’t be anywhere near 100% and probably not 50%. Most of the general public doesn’t really care about FSD.

Reactions: AlanSubie4Life
FSD AI is devolving from additional training. Yesterday, I tried to let it drive and it was too hesitant to pull into the center/turning lane for a left turn. I pressed the accelerator to make it go (since the left side was clear and so is the center/turning lane) and instead of going on the center/turning lane, it decided to drive against traffic on the lane just before the middle/center lane.

This morning, I see yet another software update to 2023.3.15. Ides of March update?!? LOL

Reactions: DanCar
I was in the farthest left lane on a three-lane highway, and on the right shoulder, there was a disabled vehicle. There weren't any vehicles anywhere near me. It was a sunny day, with no clouds and a level stretch of the highway (vs. an overpass).

I'll be damned if the autopilot slowed down about 5 or so mph as it passed the disabled vehicle.

Does anyone get the feeling that rubbernecking is making it into the training data?

(FSD 12.3.4)

Reactions: SalisburySam
I was in the farthest left lane on a three-lane highway, and on the right shoulder, there was a disabled vehicle. There weren't any vehicles anywhere near me. It was a sunny day, with no clouds and a level stretch of the highway (vs. an overpass).

I'll be damned if the autopilot slowed down about 5 or so mph as it passed the disabled vehicle.

Does anyone get the feeling that rubbernecking is making it into the training data?

(FSD 12.3.4)
V12 doesn't work on limited access highways so sounds like you were on the V11 stack.

V12 doesn't work on limited access highways so sounds like you were on the V11 stack.
And, while I’m not disagreeing with you on the basics of what you said, there has been a tweet or two from the Tesla developers saying that they’ve been “improving” the V11 highway stack. And that those improvements have been working their way into the EAP and such for non-FSD vehicles as well, as well as the 12.x FSD releases.

So, 11.x highway stack or no, some stuff.. like.. slowing down for emergency vehicles and accidents may very well be a new behavior for a 12.x release.

I rèm

wait, I thought v12 was end to end ai. You’re saying that on freeways, it’s using v11 code?
Yes, it's easy to tell:
1) Speed control works totally differently. It goes at the speed you set.
2) If in Auto Max/ASSO mode you can see it stops saying "MAX" or whatever.
3) The tentacle is a different length in v11 (longer).
4) If you have lane change notifications turned on you'll start actually getting them again. (In v12 apparently even the car doesn't know when it's changing lanes, so it doesn't notify you.)
5) You'll probably see messages about what the car is doing which do not show up in v12.

I rèm

wait, I thought v12 was end to end ai. You’re saying that on freeways, it’s using v11 code?
Simply read your ONE sentence Release Notes. ;)

IMG_4745.jpeg

I am trying out the free Supervised FSD for a cross country trips. Very impressed! Having cruise control make the drive much less tiring. Having Auto-Steer is another level. Having FSD is even more!

But still 'room for improvement' as Elon puts it. LOL
- When you set a destination, the AI should be smart enough to drive slower than the speed limit to ensure you reach your destination.
- Still got a few phantom braking incidents... freaked out the car behind me and they sped past me. LOL

- .....When you set a destination, the AI should be smart enough to drive slower than the speed limit to ensure you reach your destination......
Say what? You always put in a destination for FSDS so you always want it to drive slow....and what does driving slow have to do with reaching your destination.....especially if you have an appointment time? 🤔 Does this mean you must now leave a hour earlier every morning to get to work because you want FSDS to drive slow? :oops:🤣

Reactions: DanCar
Say what? You always put in a destination for FSDS so you always want it to drive slow....and what does driving slow have to do with reaching your destination.....especially if you have an appointment time? 🤔 Does this mean you must now leave a hour earlier every morning to get to work because you want FSDS to drive slow? :oops:🤣

For road trips, it could mean the difference in making a stretch vs FSD driving you back to the SuC that you just left. 😂

This is the reality until NEMI 50 mile DCFC becomes a reality. For some stretches, though, that will never happen.

If there are fewer supercharger stops than driving slower can make you reach your destination sooner.

Reactions: JulienW