Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

POLL: Will you buy?

Will you buy the Cybertruck?

• Yes, planned on it before I saw it.

• Yes, now that I have seen it.

• Still deciding.

• No, changed my mind when I saw it.

• No, never planned on it.

Results are only viewable after voting.
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I "voted" still deciding, but heck for $100 option for 2021, I now went ahead and made a reservation Personally, I think the design s awesome... BECAUSE it is radical and is blowing up people's heads. If it looked like a conventional pickup, I would have been disappointed and had zero interest... I'm not a pickup guy. But I may not be able to resist driving martian dune buggy.

• Love
Reactions: Yuri_G and Jedi2155
I "voted" still deciding, but heck for $100 option for 2021, I now went ahead and made a reservation Personally, I think the design s awesome... BECAUSE it is radical and is blowing up people's heads. If it looked like a conventional pickup, I would have been disappointed and had zero interest... I'm not a pickup guy. But I may not be able to resist driving martian dune buggy.
Would you have reserved if the deposit was $1000 like the Model 3 or $2500 like the Model Y? Wonder what the reason is for the historically low deposit amount....hmmm.

• Informative
Reactions: computerchuck
I'll buy it. Function over form all the way!

I can see why people who want their vehicles to be aesthetically desirable wouldn't like it.

At the same time, it's a truck, and to me trucks are about functionality first.

Not that there's anything bad about prioritizing aesthetics over functionality, but that isn't something I'm into.

If you think this truck design is pure function then you have never used a pickup on a daily basis and got things in and out of the bed. Good luck with that with this goofy looking triangle body line that extends from the roof to the tailgate. Lift-over height is a major consideration of all pick-ups and this thing comically missed the mark in that and many other aspects that tuck buyers care about.

I’ve owned and used pickup trucks for work and play for over 40 years now. I know how to use them. It won’t bother me if I can walk up a ramp to grab something, instead of trying to reach over a rail that’s almost the height of my shoulder. Trading in my RAM 1500 for this, it will be better in a lot of ways, including camping.

To each their own, please don’t assume anything about my knowledge and experience, you will most likely be mistaken.

Cheers!

What exactly is missing from the functionality?

Side access to bed. You will always have to put the tailgate down and get into it that way after rolling up the cover.

Would you have reserved if the deposit was $1000 like the Model 3 or $2500 like the Model Y? Wonder what the reason is for the historically low deposit amount....hmmm.

Low deposit to pump reservations. I think they started to realize this design "jumped the shark"

Well, thank God, it could have been this.... lol

0A198AF3-77DF-4F5B-90CE-6918B25DD3A8.jpeg

We need trucks that our construction guys can bash around, through stuff into including sledge hammers, back into objects and won’t dent.
Looks like CyberTruck is it.
Don’t care about glass or good looks. Never had side glass break anyway.
Ordered 4
You can look at a modern pickup truck and it will dent. I hopped into the back of a Chevy a few years ago and creased the bed rail. Nice to see durability coming back to trucks.

"Still deciding" - the reservation is in but contingent upon what we eventually end up with. Providing details and specifications along the way would be nice :)
- The 500+ mile (hopefully way higher upon release with new battery tech) range will be a must for me.
- The current thickness (whatever 'sledge-hammerable' thick is...) of the exoskeleton body must remain.
- And ideally the floor pan must be at least made of the same material and thickness of the body to equally protect it.
- And this sucker needs to be chargeable using the Tesla Solar Roof v3 and Power Wall reserves - so will that be possible and what amount of roof size, exposure, and power wall units would be needed? I would not be totally off-grid but my self sufficiency mind set would like to know that's possible

So why the Cybertruck? It is the first to get 500+ (hopefully much more) miles per charge and should be able to come out unscathed after hitting a dear or sliding off snowy/icy roads into a ditch.

I admire EM's ideas and vision but I'm one boomer that needs proof of viability, as it is I'm taking some heat from my 'old' buddies since all I can sell them on is my hopes since I can't prove squat...

New to the forum! Placed an order for the Tri Motor AWD Cybertruck back in November. Styling was definitely different, but didn't take long to have it grow on me. It also helps to know that Elon cited that Cybertruck "will be better than people realize"

Excited to eventually get delivery in late 2021/early 2022 (figured crossed on that timeline). In the meantime, thinking of perhaps adding a Model 3 or Model Y.