Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Poor Cousins in the Southern Hemisphere..

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all,

Firstly let me say I love my X, hate driving anything that can't drive itself, and love a company that innovates at the speed of Tesla... Having said that...

I've owned my Model X since September last year and love reading about the changes and upcoming features. What bugs me is 'down under' we don't get to see them.

Drive on Nav has been released in North America for how long? We don't have it. Version 9 took about 8 weeks to arrive after NA, which I understand, but all the cool features... Sentry Mode, Drive on Nav etc, seem to take an eternity to get to New Zealand...

We pay significantly more for Tesla's than our NA cousins, which we accept, but want, and I think deserve, the features to come through more rapidly.

We've paid for Full Self Driving. Are we going to have to wait months longer for HW3 than NA. It's just a chip that you can put on a plane, and install... And we could do with a lot more superchargers, we have a few covering the whole country.

Anyhow, as said at the beginning, couldn't live without it... but come on Tesla, we deserve the cool updates too...

Cheers
Ross

You might consider yourself lucky. Some of these features are in Beta and feel like it.

And even 10 miles from the factory, X and S owners do not have Sentry Mode. Model 3 is first on the new cool features. S and X are later.

But, I do feel for your lack of Superchargers. But at least you have 240V power. In the States it is 120V so our home charge rates are very slow (1-2 MPH for an X), unless we pay to add 240 outlets.