Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Positive/Negative feedback of Model S from an owner's perspective

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That "Service car soon. Car may stop unexpectedly." error message pops up on occasion. Each time I called to ask, they said it was a bug and fine if it went away quickly. If it comes on and stays then then I'd probably be more worried. Obviously, this bug should get fixed as showing this message when nothing is wrong will just alarm people unnecessarily.

And it could start desensitizing people to the warning such that in the future when it's for real they'll ignore it. Tesla should be very careful to fix this and not have it crop up again.

Also, the location of the windshield washer well is possibly the dumbest thing on the car. It is blocked by a strut for the frunk, and seems impossible to fill without filling the frunk. ....

1300_652776a_0709.jpg
31Bt4PjJB0L._SX355_.jpg

We use a no spill watering can similar to the above for precision watering of plants around the house.

Last edited:
Two problems just ocurred :
1) I pushed on the driver side door handle to see if it would pop out without the key fob in proximity . The door opened!
Was the car locked? If you have "walk away locking" the fob needs to be 30' or so away before it'll lock. If your fob is just inside your garage door it likely won't lock. Likewise if the car is locked but you touch the door handle it will send out a signal to the fob. If it gets a response it will unlock. I think your fob was just too close.

Hate to return this thread to its origins. . .

However, I took delivery yesterday, and my B-Pillar was identical to pguerra's beautiful black smudge. My DS, of course, has been great about being willing to make sure that it is taken care of. Has everyone found that this is a "cleanable" issue, or has anyone had the cover on the B-pillar replaced for this problem?