Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Dublin, OH

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status update from my walk today at 3:00 PM:

TLDR: No change.

1. Screws are not installed in monoliths
2. 1A, 1B, 2A... not installed on monoliths
3. Tesla Service number decal not installed on monoliths
4. Power meter shows zero power consumed
5. Temporary chain link fence still surrounds area
6. Portapotti still on site
7. Orange cones and plastic fencing still mostly blocking entrance

In addition, I have noticed the following:

1. The installed street lights are not on at night
2. The red monolith glow from the lights inside the monoliths are not on at night
3. One of the recently blacktopped stalls has flaking showing the old cadum
4. The grass is full of weeds

It’s still a construction site.

• Informative
Reactions: jrreno
9A0480F7-7D00-4B79-8B0E-3604DBE72AA0.jpeg
Status update from my walk today at 3:30 PM:

7. Orange cones and plastic fencing still mostly blocking entrance.
8. The installed street lights are not on at night
9. The red monolith glow from the lights inside the monoliths are not on at night
10. One of the recently blacktopped stalls has flaking showing the old cadum
11. The grass is full of weeds

Additionally, two new clothing donation bins have been placed in parking spots west of the Superchargers

Status update from my walk today at 3:30 PM:

7. Orange cones and plastic fencing still mostly blocking entrance.
8. The installed street lights are not on at night
9. The red monolith glow from the lights inside the monoliths are not on at night
11. The grass is full of weeds

• Informative
Reactions: jrreno
There actually is a change... a significant change... and I forgot to take pictures to show you guys! :oops:

I was up there last Friday and noticed the following:

If you refer back to my previous post (#152), you'll remember my photo showing that the configuration was most likely going to be ABABABABAB. This (assumption) was based on placement of the Tesla parking signs. Every other spot was placarded to be a "30 Minute General Parking" spot.

Wellll, this has been changed! :eek:
They moved the signs around, so that all 5 of the "30 Minute General Parking" signs are at one end. This would suggest that the configuration will be AAAAABBBBB.

If they are going to have bruhs parking there to go to Five Guys, I'd just assume have all of them grouped together, and not parking in between our cars, so this is a plus! Ideally, of course, there would be no general parking and the configuration would be every other one to give us space.

There actually is a change... a significant change... and I forgot to take pictures to show you guys! :oops:

I was up there last Friday and noticed the following:

If you refer back to my previous post (#152), you'll remember my photo showing that the configuration was most likely going to be ABABABABAB. This (assumption) was based on placement of the Tesla parking signs. Every other spot was placarded to be a "30 Minute General Parking" spot.

Wellll, this has been changed! :eek:
They moved the signs around, so that all 5 of the "30 Minute General Parking" signs are at one end. This would suggest that the configuration will be AAAAABBBBB.

If they are going to have bruhs parking there to go to Five Guys, I'd just assume have all of them grouped together, and not parking in between our cars, so this is a plus! Ideally, of course, there would be no general parking and the configuration would be every other one to give us space.
I can see your logic, but I don't think there's typically any correlation between the General Parking signs and whether or not the supercharger is AABB or ABAB format.

Reactions: Big Earl
I can see your logic, but I don't think there's typically any correlation between the General Parking signs and whether or not the supercharger is AABB or ABAB format.
I've only been to 2 sites that had General Parking. One was AABB, the other was ABAB,and both sites split configuration coincided with the placement of the General Parking.
That said, most around here don't have General Parking, so my exposure is limited.
I truly honestly can't imagine anyone in Tesla would be ignorant enough not to match the signage with the split configuration. I would think users of those sites would go ballistic on Tesla to change it.
I will flat out move the signs myself, if they don't coincide!

Status update:

TLDR: Lots of work at site but it’s still not open. Read more about specifics below

I was busy today and couldn’t do my walk but my friend provided me a lot of info:

1. Screws are Installed in monoliths
2. The 1A, 1B, 2A decals are installed. The monoliths are arranged 1A, 1B, 2A, 2B...
3. Tesla Service number decals are installed on monoliths
4. Power meter shows some power has been consumed but the site has not been turned on to the public
5. Temporary chain link fence has been removed
7. Orange cones and plastic fencing Has been removed
8. The installed street lights are not working
9. The red glow from the lights inside the monoliths are now on
11. The grass is full of weeds and bare spots

It is no longer a construction site

My friend said he talked at length to the construction vendor and the Tesla tech. Both were very helpful and explained a lot of the history of site and why it’s not up yet.

1. Tesla tech did a very thorough review of everything - cabinets, monoliths, torquing screws, wiring, firmware updates and voltages. Was at the site for over 8 hours checking. Tesla Tech was named Mark from Texas. He’s was extremely knowledgeable, courteous, helpful - excellent Tesla employee!

2. Construction vendor was there about 8 hours. They removed the chain link fence, cut the grass and weeded. They said they plan to overseed to get more grass growing. Mark was very happy with the vendor and paid compliments to them throughout his review.

3. One of the main reasons for the delay was having to re-permit to install the brown fencing around the supercharging and breaker boxes.

3. Mark did all the firmware updates and tested each monolith in his black Model 3. He found a problem in the 277 v circuit. The voltage needs to be in a tight tolerance of 277 volts. His test showed it was 290 volts which was too high to allow it to be turned on to the public. AEP needs to come out and adjust the tap in the green transformer before the site can be turned on to the public.

4. The overhead lights do not come on automatically at night. The initial test did show they turned on but as it got dark, the lights didn’t turn on.

Mark said he is turning it off to the public but will monitor the 277 volt circuit remotely. Once he see AEP has adjusted the tap he will turn it on for public use remotely. He said when the navigation map shows the red lightning bolt, it will be open for public use.

My friend said their were a couple people who came by trying to charge while Mark was there. One lady was very insistent the site was open. She said it showed on Waze so she had a right to use it. Mark was great to try and get her to understand it wasn’t ready and explained the Tesla navigation map didn’t show the site open. He hooked her up on the 5B site (farthest from supercharger cabinet allowing greatest voltage drop) and explained about the issues with charging on a 290 volt circuit instead of 277. The lady didn’t care-she wanted a charge. My friend also said she had a Model S and told Mark the Model 3 was “ a POS”. My friend said she wasn’t very nice, insistent and was very arrogant. My friend doesn’t have a Tesla and said he hoped she was a Tesla car owner anomaly. He gave high praise to Mark for helping her even though she made his job difficult at best.

Mark also said he was concerned about all the phone calls Tesla Supercharger service will be getting as it looks like it is open when in reality it’s not.

Now if anyone knows someone in AEP to expedite the adjustment to the green transformer 277 volt tap we should see the red lightning bolt on the Dublin charger display on the Tesla navigation map quicker!

Thanks to my friend Bill providing the detail report and special tanks to Mark from Tesla!

...Now if anyone knows someone in AEP to expedite the adjustment to the green transformer 277 volt tap we should see the red lightning bolt on the Dublin charger display on the Tesla navigation map quicker!...
Larissa Free is the Renewable Energy/demand response/PJM RTO at AEP. She is in the Tesla Columbus Ohio Owners - TCOO Group on Facebook.

That's the best I can do, lol.

Reactions: JamesBond
...The 1A, 1B, 2A decals are installed. The monoliths are arranged 1A, 1B, 2A, 2B...
Okay, well, now I seriously need to contact Jordan Rhyne and ask him why they changed the signage to put all the General Parking together, when it was originally set as every other one. I am baffled and irritated by this.... If 5 cars park in General Parking, we're essentially down to only 3 full-speed spots before we start splitting the power.

Reactions: Big Earl
Okay, well, now I seriously need to contact Jordan Rhyne and ask him why they changed the signage to put all the General Parking together, when it was originally set as every other one. I am baffled and irritated by this.... If 5 cars park in General Parking, we're essentially down to only 3 full-speed spots before we start splitting the power.

My friend asked this of Mark. Mark said the parking lot is owned by Meijer and made this decision. It was not defined by Tesla.

I think I met Mark last year at the Eau Claire, WI supercharger. Not sure it's the same guy as I can't remember the name but Mark sounds right. He was from Houston and he was *extremely* knowledgeable and passionate about green energy. Prior to Tesla he had worked in the solar and wind turbine industries. We had a nice long chat and he was the best Tesla employee I have come in contact with.

I think I met Mark last year at the Eau Claire, WI supercharger. Not sure it's the same guy as I can't remember the name but Mark sounds right. He was from Houston and he was *extremely* knowledgeable and passionate about green energy. Prior to Tesla he had worked in the solar and wind turbine industries. We had a nice long chat and he was the best Tesla employee I have come in contact with.
Those guys really get around....

Reactions: Stoofy
My friend asked this of Mark. Mark said the parking lot is owned by Meijer and made this decision. It was not defined by Tesla.
Well, on one hand, it sounds like Tesla was making the right move initially, buy putting the "General Parking" on every "B" stall, and at this point, I'm sure it would not be a simple change (or even feasible) to rearrange order of the stalls to an AAAAABBBBB configuration.

On the other hand, I can't even begin to imagine why Meijer would even remotely care, let alone have any input in this decision. That section of the lot has always been empty. In what world would Meijer care about the layout of the "General Parking"? I could see them saying that they require 5 spots (which again is truly ridiculous, as this section of the lot is always empty), but I can't see them giving a second thought to ABAB or AABB. And,in what world would Tesla allow someone else to dictate how they configure their stalls? They've leased this location to construct a Supercharger. How they construct it is up to Tesla to decide the optimal configuration.

None of this makes actual logical sense... I'll still contact Jordan Rhyne.