Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Possible reservation number hint on My Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There were also enough outliers that, had they actually confirmed that it was your place in line they would have been inundated with phone calls, emails, letters, and forum posts about how it was all wrong.

And that is the reason they hid it -- so that people don't get the wrong idea and panic. And that's also why they aren't telling you what number you were when reserving the Model 3. They don't want people to [erroneously] use that as ammunition against them when that number doesn't reflect their real place in receiving a Model 3.

Now if everybody who's complaining about it would just chill out (and we know that will likely affect at most two people), then we can get this thread back on track and stop the silly back-and-forth between common sense and whining.

Reactions: aronth5
All of the talk in this thread is you saying that they should tell us and everyone else telling you that you're wrong. You seem to be the only one that has choosen to interpret that as "everyone is talking about" it.

Looks like you never read the thread title " Possible reservation number hint on My Tesla.

It couldn't have meant anything to them since no one knew for sure that it was any indication of their place in line..

Well they were and still are desperate to learn their number in line which is why they were digging into source code to find it and find it they did since Tesla immediately removed it. Where it some meaningless random number, they wouldn't have bothered. Alongside the phenom of all the T3 orders was the effort to find out where one was in the line.

It still is.

On a more serious note, though: Since it is believed that the number from the source code followed the number of all previous cars, shouldn't new Model S and Model X orders continue on with all the Model 3 reservations in between? Is that number even visible when ordering a Model S/X? What happens with "empty" spots from cancelled reservations?
Conclusion: No idea what knowledge could be gained from answering these questions. That number is irrelevant anyways... :p

Elon will build 100k of them then deliver them-for incentive purposes.
He'll then build 250k and deliver them in 6 months so those who made reservations will get incentives.
I have no idea how many overseas orders there are. I'm assuming all US orders will get incentives of some sort.

Looks like you never read the thread title " Possible reservation number hint on My Tesla.
Actually, yes, since that's this thread ....

Well they were and still are desperate to learn their number in line which is why they were digging into source code to find it and find it they did since Tesla immediately removed it. Where it some meaningless random number, they wouldn't have bothered. Alongside the phenom of all the T3 orders was the effort to find out where one was in the line.

It still is.
I'm not saying that no one wants to know their place, I'm saying that it isn't as important as you are making it out to be, I certainly don't see any desperation from anyone. And it certainly isn't bad customer service that they aren't giving you the info you want.

I wouldn't call the TS owner who canceled his order over not receiving his line number as he did with his TS order as in a "panic".
Neither would I, I'd call it a silly reason to cancel. And I'd be willing to bet that that wasn't the only reason.

Reactions: MassModel3
Neither would I, I'd call it a silly reason to cancel. And I'd be willing to bet that that wasn't the only reason.
The reason he cancelled was due to has experience with ordering a Model S in 2009 and experiencing delays. He was just a little gunshy.

Tesla has come a long way and has learned a lot from the ramp up of Model S and all the Model X issues.

Actually, yes, since that's this thread ....

Bingo....you log onto a thread about Possible reservation number hint on My Tesla and then complain about people wanting to know their reservation number and make obviously wrong statements that no one is interested in their reservation number denying that the thread you are participating in exists.

Bingo....you log onto a thread about Possible reservation number hint on My Tesla and then complain about people wanting to know their reservation number and make obviously wrong statements that no one is interested in their reservation number denying that the thread you are participating in exists.
No, he is complaining about a certain someone who says it is "bad customer relations" to not release the number and absolutely refusing to acknowledge that it is possible for someone to be interested in their reservation number, while understanding why Tesla didn't release it.

So far there are only two people in this forum so far that fail to acknowledge why it is reasonable for Tesla to not release the number.

So far there are only two people in this forum so far that fail to acknowledge why it is reasonable for Tesla to not release the number.

A reading of the threads would indicate just about EVERYBODY would like to know their T3 reservation number. The only reason cited for Tesla not to do this take a dim view of T3 buyers as bad people who will cause trouble. That's why it is bad customer relations for Tesla to withhold the line position people paid to get, this was the point of the TS owner who canceled his preferential T3 reservation. He received the number when he ordered his TS and felt poorly treated by Tesla in ordering his T3 and not provided with his order number.

A reading of the threads would indicate just about EVERYBODY would like to know their T3 reservation number. The only reason cited for Tesla not to do this take a dim view of T3 buyers as bad people who will cause trouble. That's why it is bad customer relations for Tesla to withhold the line position people paid to get, this was the point of the TS owner who canceled his preferential T3 reservation. He received the number when he ordered his TS and felt poorly treated by Tesla in ordering his T3 and not provided with his order number.
This post once again proves my point. So far there is only evidence of two people in this forum that agrees to your argument: Yourself and the person you mentioned who cancelled his order. No one else agrees or feels it is bad customer relations for Tesla to not release the number or that Tesla is thinking dimly of them by doing so. If practically no one feels Tesla is thinking bad about them and when practically everyone agrees with Tesla's decision, how is that "bad customer relations"?

This post once again proves my point. So far there is only evidence of two people in this forum that agrees to your argument:

My "argument" is T3 customers all want to know what their place in line as evidenced by 30-50% of the discussions by Tesla owners on the various websites and in the tech media are about that topic.

Fair to say all 400,000+ T3 buyers if asked "Do you want to know what place your order was?" would say yes. Some may care more than others but all would want to know and none would say "Don't tell me".

As for Tesla, since Musk was so "incredibly inspired" by T3 orders, you'd think he'd treat his inspirations a bit better by sharing with them where they fit into the inspirational event.

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 49
Last edited:
I wouldn't call the TS owner who canceled his order over not receiving his line number as he did with his TS order as in a "panic". That kind hyperbole to justify bad customers relations is what is silly.

Why did you cancel your Model 3 reservation?
Anyone who canceled their reservation because they did not know their "line number" or "overall number" is a clown. Tesla said deliveries to begin end of 2017, they've missed their mark each time in the past, I'm fully expecting them to miss this one as well. Bottom line, everyone is going to wait.

Anyone who canceled their reservation because they did not know their "line number" or "overall number" is a clown. Tesla said deliveries to begin end of 2017, they've missed their mark each time in the past, I'm fully expecting them to miss this one as well. Bottom line, everyone is going to wait.

Such anger and name calling tsk tsk and, since the person owns a TS and went through the process once before (and received the order number T3 customers are denied), some jealously. Being an existing Tesla customer, favored for early T3 delivery and not being treated as well on his second purchase pissed him off to the point of cancelling. If I had a TS or TX, I might do the same, ain't gonna be treated this a way playing on my TS sound system.

Perhaps Tesla feels that since they have 500,000 orders in hand just like the other car companies they can start treating customers with more disrespect just like the other car companies.