Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Possible to swap inverter on 990?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So a while ago Ingenext had made a video about an inverter swap on the 990 motor to match performance to 980 motor.

Has anyone done this? Does anyone offer this as a service?
Yes. And Yes.

Ingenext can remotely program the inverter / 980 RDU for you, to your car. They’d usually do it with the ghost upgrade, but now that ghost is plug and play, I’d drop them an email.

Yes. And Yes.

Ingenext can remotely program the inverter / 980 RDU for you, to your car. They’d usually do it with the ghost upgrade, but now that ghost is plug and play, I’d drop them an email.
Don’t they need to physically pull out the motor and swap the inverter? I had asked them once a while back, but they wanted me to come out to Canada.
Curious where you saw the video, I don't see it on their channel?

I think one of the team members posted in on their Facebook.

Don’t they need to physically pull out the motor and swap the inverter? I had asked them once a while back, but they wanted me to come out to Canada.

I think one of the team members posted in on their Facebook.

Hence part of why I'm asking- I've seen claims it's easy and can be done by them remotely... but haven't seen any evidence of it. Even EV when they did a motor swap had to also do a battery swap since the motor and battery are mated, seems like they'd have preferred this easy remote programming option? (or been able to do the re-pairing themselves)

Even weirder- if it were true, why would they not advertise this service right on the same page they tell you you CAN NOT use the ghost module if you have a 990?

Especially if it's just remote programming on their part it'd be free money and more ghost sales (a LOT more long term, since the % of non-P cars with 980s is already small and getting smaller)

As things stand now there's a ton of folks with 990s who might want to do this but aren't aware they easily can (assuming that's actually the case)