Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

Post AutoPilot purchase after delivery increasing by $2,000. Now $7,000

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Model 3 on order , left AP off of the order to keep the cash price lower figuring I’d add AP in the spring after tax time.

Really getting disgusted at this point. $7k AP

Great it can be added after delivery at all , incredible really.

But at $7k after paying $60k for a non AP 3 ?

Ugh

Tesla changes pricing and configuration by the week, as we now know.

Potential tax break and saving money. No, that cannot be allowed in the Elon world where accounting gymnastics is religion.

But they desperately need the cash flow. Especially now that they don't have the FSD deposit cushion.

The OTA upgrades and continuing evolution is fascinating to watch though. Definitely not worth $7k imho. i still predict a EAP price cut shortly to convert all of the non-believers.

Well if your plan was to purchase it in say 3 years (those that are interested and can't afford it will probably want it before 3 years) would have to earn a solid 11%+ for that to work. That is almost not going to happen right now.

Be careful not to see the forest but for the trees. Taking a single example from the purchase of EAP doesn't validate the blanket statement in question: "Less money now is always better than more money later." I can give you as many examples as you want where taking less money now is a worse deal than paying more later. Replace always with sometimes and then maybe you have something.

Be careful not to see the forest but for the trees. Taking a single example from the purchase of EAP doesn't validate the blanket statement in question: "Less money now is always better than more money later." I can give you as many examples as you want where taking less money now is a worse deal than paying more later. Replace always with sometimes and then maybe you have something.
Technically you are correct. However, using context clues I don't think the poster was referring to $100 today vs having $10,000 at retirement. A $2,000 difference on the purchase of a $5,000 software add-on in the next few years is what I think most people would agree the poster was referring to so that is what I was answering. So if you want to be right technically and not in reference then you are!

Technically you are correct. However, using context clues I don't think the poster was referring to $100 today vs having $10,000 at retirement. A $2,000 difference on the purchase of a $5,000 software add-on in the next few years is what I think most people would agree the poster was referring to so that is what I was answering. So if you want to be right technically and not in reference then you are!

Usually I do try to look for context and subtlety and I didn't get that in this case. And to be completely candid with you, I really wasn't trying to be right at all costs. To me, the statement in question seemed like a fairly direct, blanket assertion based on perhaps an innocently naïve viewpoint. I thought it might be useful to illustrate the concept of net present value, at least to those who might not have had the opportunity to have ever contemplated that line of thinking before.

lol seriously?

i apologize for using the word always instead of often. geez.

I was referring to it in terms of stocks and quarterly earnings. Getting more people to pay money upfront will help more than more money at a later undetermined date.