Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Post Initial Problems with the Model X

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does it leak?

Not been through rain or a car wash yet. But I don't think it would, the channel is pretty wide.

FullSizeRender.jpg

I did get the Tesla Model X Signature back after 2+ days at the Service Center. What did they fix? A lot, plus a version 7.1 software update. The FWD works again. The 2nd row seat that couldn't latch and had the hole in the track is operating perfectly (they put it back together again). But most important, they ordered a whole lot of parts. Rear seats need total replacement for the folding mechanism to work. Missing and broken trim ordered. FWD seal ordered. FWD moving mechanism ordered. Plus many other items from my 45 item punch list, including an entire floor and 6 seat carpet for the rear seating area.

Tesla personnel were impressed with my illustrated list, so off to Fremont my list went. No problem for the SC, there is another copy in a Dropbox.

Is anything worse? Unfortunately the driver window makes noise at the bottom of travel. They can fix that next time. What is great is the promised repair in time for our EV group meeting did occur, and that will make the EV gatherings a lot more fun. They won't care about seeing the seats fold down, it will give our user group a good excuse to see the Model X again in the future.

I did get the Tesla Model X Signature back after 2+ days at the Service Center. What did they fix? A lot, plus a version 7.1 software update. The FWD works again. The 2nd row seat that couldn't latch and had the hole in the track is operating perfectly (they put it back together again). But most important, they ordered a whole lot of parts. Rear seats need total replacement for the folding mechanism to work. Missing and broken trim ordered. FWD seal ordered. FWD moving mechanism ordered. Plus many other items from my 45 item punch list, including an entire floor and 6 seat carpet for the rear seating area.

Tesla personnel were impressed with my illustrated list, so off to Fremont my list went. No problem for the SC, there is another copy in a Dropbox.

Is anything worse? Unfortunately the driver window makes noise at the bottom of travel. They can fix that next time. What is great is the promised repair in time for our EV group meeting did occur, and that will make the EV gatherings a lot more fun. They won't care about seeing the seats fold down, it will give our user group a good excuse to see the Model X again in the future.
Great news Mark! Happy to hear they're taking care of you. Not that I doubted they would. ;-)

I picked up F55 yesterday. It completed manufacturing with-in the last two weeks. My DS said this was the first X they had seen that passed the inspection with no defects - "it's perfect!".

I found two issues though - but not enough to not take delivery after waiting for years.

1) The gap on the trunk is different on each side, although the light cluster below is perfect. I checked three other Xs in the back of the service center and they all had similar alignment gap issues (my S does not).

2) With the Pearl White paint, from certain close angles there is a noticeable difference between the paint on the plastic rear bumper and the aluminum panels. Hard to capture on camera. Does the Pearl White S have the same issue?

\]

I have the same gap issue...Went to my local service center and next reservation is a month out...I'll be going back to the factory soon...

Yay! Glad to hear it, Mark. You must be X static. :)

We got our signature 805 on Thursday...incredible drive and technology but there are some QC issues they need to work out still:

-my wife's key somehow fob died Friday morning when she was trying to get into the car to take the kids to school. luckily I only work 30 minutes away and was able drive home and give her My key fob which still works (was able to quickly diagnose the issue when she called me in panic bc a friend of mine got one of the first 20 VINs and had this issue with his key fob too)

-front passenger door window lining is loose and making it very loud when driving above 20-30 Mph
(probably just needs to be glued better to the window but should have been caught before delivery)

-the iPhone charging dock doesn't work at all

-middle seats latch issue happened once when we were taking delivery but haven't seen it since in the last few days although we haven't been moving those middle seats much yet

-the rear spoiler broke and doesn't fold down anymore...partly our fault on that as my wife opened the trunk for the first time in our garage and didn't realize it would go all the way up and hit the garage door

Other than the above minor issues that are all fixable, our X is amazing and love it. especially the FWD with little kids and car seats is amazingly convenient. also, the sound system is by far the best I have ever heard in any car or anywhere as I haven't heard many people talk about that yet.