Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Post Something You Love About Your ICE Car

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That it's about 1.1 kilomiles away in my rear view mirror. That when I bought its last tank of gas, it was my last tank of gas. That while it may have been an ICE car, it was at least a hybrid. And, tongue out of cheek: I do miss its small size; I'm still getting used to how large the 3 is in comparison to a Prius c.

This might not be popular on this board, but:
Sound, smell, and manual transmissions. If you enjoy tracking your car or taking it through the twisties, dropping 20%... and arguably more...from the driving experience, is a drag. Hearing the tires react to steering and pavement more is an interesting difference, but it does't make up for it.
Day to day, nothing beats a BEV....but I do miss the more involved driving experience of an ICE with MT when being "athletic".

This might not be popular on this board, but:
Sound, smell, and manual transmissions. If you enjoy tracking your car or taking it through the twisties, dropping 20%... and arguably more...from the driving experience, is a drag. Hearing the tires react to steering and pavement more is an interesting difference, but it does't make up for it.
Day to day, nothing beats a BEV....but I do miss the more involved driving experience of an ICE with MT when being "athletic".

Totally agree. Rotary telephones were way too much fun to dial, and you just can't beat how dial-up internet made you feel like you were earning your internet connection. :D

Cooled seats (no, precooling the car is not a substitute).

Extendable under-thigh support.

CarPlay.

Being able to turn off all the nanny systems when I want to be a man-child at the track.

edited: Better road and wind noise isolation.

Last edited:
That it's a Classic '67 Coronet! :cool:
IMG_20160521_104642789_HDR.jpg
IMG_20160521_104840312.jpg

Sound, smell, and manual transmissions.

I'm right there with you on missing my manual tranny. Prior to my P3D, I owned an Audi, BMW, Lexus, and a Subaru. Of all of my ex-ICE cars, I only miss the Subaru WRX. The combination of the Harmon Kardon stereo and the 6-speed manual transmission were awesome. I also miss the fact that every time I would drive by another WRX, the other driver and I would flash peace signs at each other. I would love it if fellow Model 3 drivers acknowledged each other while on the road some how...

That said, I do not miss the pollution emitted by the not-so-earth-friendly turbo engine nor the visits to the gas station.

Reactions: jmaddr