Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Post your day one Model Y and Model 3 UK pictures

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Its not the best environment, artificial lighting picks up every imperfection in the paintwork and its virtually impossible to really check anything in detail as the lighting is so poor. You may also struggle to get a signal to be able to connect to the vehicle. The reps onsite are helpful but they will only log issues as there are no services provided onsite. I "thought" I had issues with the paintwork, similar to a car going through one of the old bristle car washes, lots of swirls and fine lines, I checked the car when I got home in natural daylight and couldn't spot a thing so the lighting will affect your first impressions. If you think you have a problem its best to log it with the guys onsite so they have a record of it being recorded prior to you taking the car away. Also you sign for the car prior to inspection, but that seems to be common across other sites as well.
How to report issues after taking the delivery? Via service request or drop them an email with list of issues?

Reactions: dangrenade
I had the MY now for a couple of days and I’ve had the chance to wash it and dry it (picked it up in pouring rain) and I can safely say it’s top notch. Not a mark on it, the panel gaps are all consistent and the build quality is very very good.
Driven around the village and the country roads are pretty rough and I maintain my view that on 20’s the ride is firm but perfectly acceptable. Also, not a rattle in sight, so currently one very happy customer.
I am considering getting the callipers covered or painted red…..but I’m not sure.
Also bought a £20 boot protector off eBay, which shipped from China and it’s absolutely perfect and was expecting it to be crap 😂
Do you have a pic of the liner in the car? I have the same one, but waiting for the car, so it would be good to see in there. Thanks

Attachments

• FF33F434-4B46-425E-BE1B-43666FED3BDF.jpeg
    FF33F434-4B46-425E-BE1B-43666FED3BDF.jpeg
    551.6 KB · Views: 135
I got the same one on it’s way. Glad you’re happy wit

Does it bend fairly easily to gain access to the sub-boot/trunk? Doesn't look like it from the photos.
Yes, posted a pic. It has a fold down the middle and lifts up with the front part of the sub-boot cover. Its very lightweight anyway, but works perfectly for my needs. I will be adding a liner to the back of the seats and sides also as my hound will be in there at some point and he sheds a lot of hair. I actually have one i had in the EQC previously, so hoping that fits.....I am certain i can adapt.

Yes, posted a pic. It has a fold down the middle and lifts up with the front part of the sub-boot cover. Its very lightweight anyway, but works perfectly for my needs. I will be adding a liner to the back of the seats and sides also as my hound will be in there at some point and he sheds a lot of hair. I actually have one i had in the EQC previously, so hoping that fits.....I am certain i can adapt.

Thanks. I love a bargain but it doesn’t look like it fits very well at all.

Reactions: Rooster6655
This is brilliant also and a must have
it’s the angle of the photo, fits snug into the corners and then it misses the storage to either side (otherwise is wouldn’t work) and is a couple of centimetres short of the boot catch. It’s 3D so it looks like it’s a lot shorter, but it’s just raised. Anyway, perfect for my needs, but your choice of course

Attachments

• D5D1804F-0862-4F26-B5AF-0D32670E65DD.jpeg
    D5D1804F-0862-4F26-B5AF-0D32670E65DD.jpeg
    484.1 KB · Views: 91
  • D9EB8FA1-1857-4FF3-BAB2-48C7D754D691.jpeg
    D9EB8FA1-1857-4FF3-BAB2-48C7D754D691.jpeg
    478.5 KB · Views: 92
  • 9E956C9E-7775-4BEF-953F-7139A4F59074.jpeg
    9E956C9E-7775-4BEF-953F-7139A4F59074.jpeg
    477.9 KB · Views: 85
  • 03259627-0BF8-49F4-A4ED-778E9551A47C.jpeg
    03259627-0BF8-49F4-A4ED-778E9551A47C.jpeg
    459 KB · Views: 87
Any dog owners found a dog guard for a model Y yet in the UK? My retriever will be trying to climb over the back seats!
Model 3 owner so don't need a dog guard but have used this company for the car that my dog is allowed in, they are showing as available soon for the model Y, good thing about their products is that they do not need you to drill holes. Tesla Model Y Dog Guard - 2021 onwards (Part no.G1622) - Guardsman Dog Guards
Thanks for that info, good to see Guardsman are on the ball with the MY. I'll be needing one to keep the Labradors in their rightful place! :)

Got my Tesery 3D mats today. Rear mat is perfect. Fronts are, well OK. The fit isn't quite as good as I'd have liked just in front of the seats but might be "par for the course" - will send pics to Tesery as ask if they're supposed to fit better than this.

In other news my V5C came so new plates are on TE5x LAY

Attachments

• IMG_5828.jpeg
    IMG_5828.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 72
  • IMG_5829.jpeg
    IMG_5829.jpeg
    963.5 KB · Views: 97
Got my Tesery 3D mats today. Rear mat is perfect. Fronts are, well OK. The fit isn't quite as good as I'd have liked just in front of the seats but might be "par for the course" - will send pics to Tesery as ask if they're supposed to fit better than this.

In other news my V5C came so new plates are on TE5x LAY

are they maybe designed to go straight on the floor of the car? Looks like you have them over the original mats

are they maybe designed to go straight on the floor of the car? Looks like you have them over the original mats
Thats what I figured too so removed the carpets, but it didnt help so put them back for added sound insulation! Tesery say they are a "perfect" fit, so I've sent them photos to suggest this is not the case.

Am now thinking maybe better to stick with carpets and just replace them if they wear out.