Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Post your day one Model Y and Model 3 UK pictures

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Photo from BBC News. I feel gutted for the person who collected this car and then had it squished 😩
B421CF1F-810B-4D33-9443-6F435515B1FD.jpeg

Thanks for your insight

A couple of questions if I may. The rattle in the door - did you figure out what that was? And did you get your wifi sorted?

Now you've had the car a few days - whats your overall feeling on it?

I've the M3 so I know that the Tesla ride can be a bit firm (could displace a loose filling in your tooth on some dodgy road surfaces tbh, but thats the local council, rather than the car to blame lol) but quite a few reviews are saying the MY is 'too' firm. Would love to hear people who have the MY in the UK express their unadulterated opinion. I don't mind the M3 on decent road surfaces, but I wouldn't want anything worse if you know what I mean. If the MY is firmer/harsher than the M3, then I'm not sure if a change to MY would be suitable for me and my family. I would defo go with 19s on it though, as I know that can help.

Hope you are all enjoying your new cars folks - I've been watching with interest but now that I'm seriously considering buying one, I thought I need to start posting and stop lurking!
My experience of test driving the MYLR on 19" wheels compared to my 2019 M3LR with 18" aeros is that overall the Y felt like a better (higher, smoother and quieter) ride. The higher driving position plus slightly higher ground clearance gets you away from the bumps and noise you might normally experience at speed and it felt more confident dealing with uneven road surfaces. The Y felt nimble for it's size too - basically a higher 3.

My test drive covered a stretch of motorway, normal roads, single track country lanes, deep puddles, branches on the road after recent storms etc, so had lots to test the car with. I then did the same route in my 3 straight afterwards to compare.

I would certainly add a parcel shelf to the Y to damp some of the echo I could hear in the back though, and of course, the Model 3, being lower down and quicker, felt more 'sporty' on those country lanes :)

Reactions: Campi and 2020M3SR
Would never have made it. Probably wound up the others queuing when I put our Y on charge, jumped out and put our 3 on charge while my wife took the toddler to the services!

wow how much charge did you have? on my 3LR I picked it up in southampton with 40% and got home to windsor with 19% - Hilton services are close by so maybe 25% battery to get there from southampton?

My experience of test driving the MYLR on 19" wheels compared to my 2019 M3LR with 18" aeros is that overall the Y felt like a better (higher, smoother and quieter) ride. The higher driving position plus slightly higher ground clearance gets you away from the bumps and noise you might normally experience at speed and it felt more confident dealing with uneven road surfaces. The Y felt nimble for it's size too - basically a higher 3.

My test drive covered a stretch of motorway, normal roads, single track country lanes, deep puddles, branches on the road after recent storms etc, so had lots to test the car with. I then did the same route in my 3 straight afterwards to compare.

I would certainly add a parcel shelf to the Y to damp some of the echo I could hear in the back though, and of course, the Model 3, being lower down and quicker, felt more 'sporty' on those country lanes :)

Sound aside, I’d want a parcel shelf for security. Although all my usual boot gubbins (air compressor, wellies, sun visor etc) are in the sub-boot in my model 3, I woudln’t feel safe with anything being visible from outside in this country.

How is the width? Maybe not easy to tell on a test drive but again with congested roads and people parking on pavements these days, I don’t want a car any wider than necessary. Even just a couple of inches can make a difference and the 3 isn’t a ‘narrow’ car in the first place

Sound aside, I’d want a parcel shelf for security. Although all my usual boot gubbins (air compressor, wellies, sun visor etc) are in the sub-boot in my model 3, I woudln’t feel safe with anything being visible from outside in this country.

How is the width? Maybe not easy to tell on a test drive but again with congested roads and people parking on pavements these days, I don’t want a car any wider than necessary. Even just a couple of inches can make a difference and the 3 isn’t a ‘narrow’ car in the first place
Although the Y is about 2 inches wider than the 3 I really didn't notice any meaningful difference in the test drive and that was with some single lane driving plus having to avoid obstacles (large branches sticking out into or lying in the road) and traffic at passing spots. It felt easier dealing with those than in the 3 because of the bigger wheels/higher ground clearance when mounting verges etc.

Reactions: drewpost