Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Post your day one Model Y and Model 3 UK pictures

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So after 190 miles back from Southampton I can confirm that
1. The Tesla Y is absolutely amazing
2. Im not a fan of the Gemini wheels and the 20ā€™s look fab. The suspension is firm yes, but the reviews are a nonsense, itā€™s not too hard and mine doesnā€™t crash and bang on country roads and I live in a village so plenty of crappy roads around. Drive is fab. My last car was an EQC which was like driving on marshmallow and totally lacked feel.
3. The wing mirrors are too small and too tinted but itā€™s no biggie.
4. You donā€™t need a parcel shelf
5. Boom box is brill. And the light show is brilliant. Little kids and big kids will love it
6. Black and black or white and black are the best colours IMO.
7. The view out of the rear window is horrid, but you can put the cameras on so no biggie.
8. I canā€™t really see the issue with the floor mats. They arenā€™t beautiful, but hey, they are floor mats.
9. Itā€™s plenty quick enough (May change my mind over time) and my car before the EQC was an RS3.
10. Voice control doesnā€™t seem to understand me and Iā€™m from middle England. It does understand if I put on a German accentā€¦.weird, probs need to have a play

Last edited:
2. The Gemini wheels look awful (sorry but itā€™s true) and the 20ā€™s are the way to go. The suspension is firm yes, but the reviews are a nonsense, itā€™s not too hard and mine doesnā€™t crash and bang on country roads and I live in a village so plenty of crappy roads around. Drive is fab. My last car was an EQC which was like driving on marshmallow and totally lacked feel.
5. Boom box is brill. And the light show is brilliant. Little kids and big kids will love it
7. The view out of the rear window is horrid, but you can put the cameras on so no biggie.
8. I canā€™t really see the issue with the floor mats. They arenā€™t beautiful, but hey, they are floor mats.
9. Itā€™s plenty quick enough (May change my mind over time) and my car before the EQC was an RS3.
10. Canā€™t wait to drive it again tomorrow
2. I prefer the 20ā€™s over the 19ā€™s would be a nicer thing to say. Each to their own. (I have the 19ā€™s and love them, no need to push your opinions on others here, save if for FB) keep this forum positive šŸ‘

2. Im not a fan of the Gemini wheels and the 20ā€™s look fab. The suspension is firm yes, but the reviews are a nonsense, itā€™s not too hard and mine doesnā€™t crash and bang on country roads and I live in a village so plenty of crappy roads around. Drive is fab. My last car was an EQC which was like driving on marshmallow and totally lacked feel.
10. Voice control doesnā€™t seem to understand me and Iā€™m from middle England. It does understand if I put on a German accentā€¦.weird, probs need to have a play
10. Voice wasn't recognising me either. Was really annoying as the vehicle I test drove was perfect. When I got home I checked the settings and "Voice Recognition Language" was set to "Dansk"! šŸ˜‚

A1) Yes, I ordered with Rimitrex, going through MyUS. They did not have any in stock when I ordered, saying they would be in stock in two weeks (this was back in early January). They then came into stock and from that point it took only 1 week.

A2) Not sure what you mean by that question, sorry.

Have to say, VERY pleased with them as I hate the Gemini trims. I just hope they don't get stolen!
Sorry for Q2) I meant on a white model Y how does your Rimitrex look vs buying the 20ā€ inductions ?

Tesla UK Management confirmed to us the other week that British English voice recognition has a long way to go and they're working hard on it, it will improve massively 'soon'

Reactions: drumkills
This 19 vs 20 is doing my head in . Like picking favourite child of my 3!

Do I go 19 and buy Rimitrex.
Or swap order back to 20s (originally ordered 20 then switched to 19).
Live in Northern Irleland and do 20k miles a year.
Why not spray the standard covers? Rimetrix are far too expensive for what essentially are 4x Ā£30 trims and the colour makes them look too artificial/plastic IMO.

Reactions: VX Foxy

If your like me it would always bother me and take the edge of my purchase - I would just get the 20's if possible and it doesn't create a delay on your order...

Just take the covers off

IMG-0583.jpg

Day 1 pics (Rimetrics will be on them on day 2) ... Collected from Southampton!
Did 285 miles on day 1 and very much impressed. First impressions:
1. Ride was superb. 19" are much better than the 20" that I test drove. Having said that I did not find any fault with 20" as well!!
2. Autopilot (EAP) was amazing - Stress free driving for most parts of the motorway. Tried it on local roads, but I did not have the confidence to persist.
3. Heard bad reviews about TACC, but did not have any issues. Even for someone who is using it for the first time, it worked like charm.
4. No phantom braking in 210 odd miles of autopilot driving - I guess I was just lucky with this one.
5. Auto high beam seemed to be working unlike what people said - at least I did not have anyone flashing at me in the 50 ish miles of night driving on single carriage way with no street lights.
6. It did not always automatically connect to my phone's Bluetooth for media and phone although it worked fine as car key. I had to manually connect a few times while it automatically connected a few times. Will have to keep watching.
7. Stopped at 2 super chargers and the Tesla reps were available to help and/or answer any questions - I thought WoW. Although I did not have any questions, one of them walked me to the services with an umbrella when it was raining heavily!
8. Late in the night, I stopped at another super charger which only had CCS ports. A poor chap who bought a used Model S (with lifetime supercharging!) today came in with 0% charge left only to find out the none of them had a port that could fit his vehicle. He tried to put an adaptor which was in his car (he did not know anything about it) and eventually he only managed to lock the adaptor but not charge. Me also being new to this, I couldn't help him. I suggested him to call Tesla roadside assistance. Hope he managed to sort it out!

PXL_20220219_092833384.jpg
PXL_20220219_092847540.jpg
PXL_20220219_092917433.jpg
PXL_20220219_090052938.jpg

If money is not an issue then go with your gut. I changed back to 20ā€™s after the test drive as I didnā€™t want any regrets.

Itā€™s not that I donā€™t like the Geminiā€™s, itā€™s just for me, seeing the inductions on a white Y in Manchester made me think WOW.

I also ended up going for white interior too after seeing it. šŸ™„

Has anyone else had issues with the app? Iā€™ve got the latest version but it doesnā€™t want to connect the car is showing up but just keeps saying it canā€™t connect. I bought EAP but they didnā€™t seem to have been enabled nor is premium connectivity. Do I need to upgrade the firmware first? Got home and connected to wifi but said v10 was latest?

Has anyone else had issues with the app? Iā€™ve got the latest version but it doesnā€™t want to connect the car is showing up but just keeps saying it canā€™t connect. I bought EAP but they didnā€™t seem to have been enabled nor is premium connectivity. Do I need to upgrade the firmware first? Got home and connected to wifi but said v10 was latest?
And when I log into my Tesla account on the web nothing is showing up (lease car so didnā€™t have the order) but interestingly my supercharge session does show