Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Post your day one Model Y and Model 3 UK pictures

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It’s the one on display in Manchester that made me go for the white interior and induction. Cost me three grand on that test drive. 🙄

The same happened to us. They had a midnight silver with inductions in the showroom…

Attachments

• A8764D9E-BC99-47FF-BC33-E8194FE30A37.jpeg
    A8764D9E-BC99-47FF-BC33-E8194FE30A37.jpeg
    668.2 KB · Views: 149
Reactions: dangrenade
Coming up for two weeks ownership and overall really impressed with the Y. The few niggles I have so far are:

- The doors are much lighter than our Q5 and the kids keep slamming them when they get out!

- I keep having issues with the indicators - Say you're taking the third exit on a roundabout and the turn of the wheel isn't enough to turn off the indicators so you need to manually choose indication, sometimes one click cancels, sometimes it doesn't the result being you either don't indicate when you turn off or it's gone into full indication and you don't realise you've been driving with the indicator on. Hard to explain but slightly annoying!

- Real issues with loss of connectivity. This is the biggest annoyance for me. I'll drive for 10 mins and everything absolutely fine, listening to Spotify. I'll nip in to a shop for 5 minutes drive home and have no connectivity all the way home. There seems to be no reason in particular that I can find as to when/ why it happens. The only thing I've noticed so far is if I find the car in the app first then it doesn't happen....

Picked up my M3P today at Southampton docks. Handover went smoothly. Only minor issue with the car was a slight misalignment of the tailgate on the passenger side, so I’ve booked it into local SC to be looked at.

Otherwise, the car is stunning and I’m absolutely loving it! There is so much to take in, it’s going to take me literally weeks to get everything just how I want it. But I guess that’s half the fun!
FEC7F594-A3A9-48B1-BD58-7B2F10BEEDBE.jpeg

Would placing an order now avoid any potential MY price increase or would Tesla impose any increase on existing (undelivered) orders?

Historically, and generally speaking, Tesla have honoured price at time of order if price has gone up since, but given a discount if price went down.

But if you changed anything then the car was repriced at that time. And sometimes price of car went down but an option like FSD went up, so the "repriced car" at the time of collection may not have been cheaper ...

yes, if you give a ÂŁ100 deposit

Historically, and generally speaking, Tesla have honoured price at time of order if price has gone up since, but given a discount if price went down.

But if you changed anything then the car was repriced at that time. And sometimes price of car went down but an option like FSD went up, so the "repriced car" at the time of collection may not have been cheaper ...

This was my exact reasoning to my wife as why we should order ours last week instead of waiting until next year. So glad I did!

Pondered this all afternoon and decided to test this logical reasoning with Mrs interbear also.

Conclusion = Order just placed and ÂŁ100 deposit paid for Model Y (Blue, Black, Gemini19s).

I was impressed with our MY test drive a few weeks ago, seemed more refined than my current 2019 M3 and the hatchback practicality is a winner as we are dog owners. I was intent on waiting a little longer given the potential for superchargers opening up and new battery tech. However, the recent M3 price increase, trade in / used value for my current M3 and possible increase in MY pricing have combined to persuade me that ordering now makes sense. Plus reading more reviews which have convinced me that Tesla remains firmly ahead of the pack in terms of EV tech, charging and usability. Probably the only pain point is that I’ll lose my lifetime premium connectivity on the M3.

Pondered this all afternoon and decided to test this logical reasoning with Mrs interbear also

I reckon my throw-away comments have cost a fair number of people a lot of money over the years!

MY test drive a few weeks ago, seemed more refined than my current 2019 M3

Yes, I agree.

Higher seating position (preferred by some people, I'm agnostic on that); tunnel is higher to match, and that means that gap between tunnel and dash is less, and top of phone (on wireless charger) is visible on M3 but not on MY. For example, that has the next turn info in Waze

MY has EAP/FSD option instead of only FSD option on your original M3. Wireless mobile phone charging as standard. Tow hitch option (if you need that). Faster console CPU. Two "cellar" cubby holes in boot. The forward one is shallow, but fits the cables nicely. Back seats have 2 positions (I'm not sure I'd call it "recline"). Button to release the rear seats from the boot (to save clambering in to release the catch on the seat). Security glass at the back.

No parcel shelf. Rear-view mirror visibility poor - rear window, because of raked angle, is letterbox size/shape, and security class reduces contrast. I haven't actually found it a problem ... yet!

Under full-throttle (overtaking speeds) I find the MY a lot less precise, and the M3 behaves a lot more like a hot hatch. Not everyone drives like they stole it though!

M3 faster launch, but overtaking (e.g. from a steady 40 MPH) is within a whisker such that almost no difference. Bit less range on MY.

waiting a little longer given the potential for superchargers opening up

I've managed since 2015. Only used 3rd party charging on a handful of times, all of them dreadful, and a couple of other times which I tried and failed. I'm sure they are better now but current car has more range than the first, so I need Rapid Charging (for single day, longer, out-and-back trips) less than before (2 days a month before is now a couple of days a year), and there are more locations. If you already have an M3 not sure that changing to MY is influenced by waiting on more Supercharger locations?

new battery tech

I think that is some way off (actually installed in a car, and RHD model available). I've assuming I was going to keep all the Tesla's we've had for a long time ... actually something has changed to cause me to decide to upgrade. 20% more range; hatchback and towing instead of boot :)

Reactions: GT_M3 and interbear