Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Post your Garage charging setup!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2E98A173-A323-446A-A277-C22145C9A4EA.jpeg
39DF8168-83D2-46A1-8B70-F6AD05362258.jpeg
I park in my garage. Had my 2nd HPWC installed, a signature black referral gift in anticipation of our Model 3 in Early September. Each charger is on its own dedicated 60Amp breaker.

I took my UMC and installed a 14-50 on the ceiling and suspended my charge cord setup because I'm an insane person.

View attachment 329416
View attachment 329418
View attachment 329420
Love this especially for us winter climate folks. I did. It have the foresight to think about this when I installed my HPWC. Now, in the winter my cable sits in a pile of snow/sludge and I have to manually wrap the cable while wearing a suit. I will post pics of my set up later.

Reactions: Watts_Up
Anyone with a condo setup care to share a pic with an explanation as to how they went on in regards to the installation process? Just moved into a condo with a fairly large underground parking area and my delivery is most likely in the 1st week of September. Thanks!
Do you mean for ease of setup, or to try an entice the building owner/manager into allowing the addition?

Do you mean for ease of setup, or to try an entice the building owner/manager into allowing the addition?

I have no worries that they will not allow us to install, we ate quite good friends. I am just more concerned about getting the actual charger in the underground parking. There's actually many normal wall outlets down there for e-scooters, but I'd like a HPWC to increase charging speeds.

Depending on where the power panel is, it shouldn’t be very difficult. Any competent electrician can run cable to a place near a parking space and mount a HPWC to it.

I’ll try to dig up the video of a HPWC install on the Now You Know YouTube channel when I get home.