Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

post your Steering / Creep / Regen

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
don't know about you, but I rarely change any of these settings anymore. if i'm out on a Sunday drive in the mountains, i'll put the steering in Sport, but since that doesn't happen often enough, it pretty much stays:

Comfort steering
No Creep
Standard regen

what configuration have YOU settled into???

I like comfort steering. Still has control
I like Standard Regen in town when I need to slow more quickly, say at a light. But on the hiway, I like Low Regen. Less ups and downs. My energy usage graph goes down to mild hills and valleys, almost flat line. Standard Regen makes the graph look like Tesla Stock movements.
And I have never needed or wanted Creep. It is cool that it is there, and I tell people that Tesla can add anything you want to make your car drive like you want, over the air. Whether you need it or not, just turn it on or off.

But why would you really want Comfort steering vs. Sport steering? The Model S is definitely on the sportier side of the spectrum. so I don't get it... :)

because i commute in this piece thru some of the nation's worst traffic for 1hr+ each way everyday. sport steering is a lot of work.

i had Standard steering up until a couple days ago, when i said dammit kinddog, you are worth Comfort steering. liking it so far.

like i said, i'll put to Sport if I ever find myself on a winding country road. until then, behind a wall of soul-crushing traffic that makes suicide via Tylenol bottle a viable if not appealing option... i'll keep the Comfort.

Standard Steering- I used sport for months but actually found that standard makes freeway driving much easier as it takes less correction effort to keep the car from being "jittery" and keeping it centered in the lanes.

Creep on - I think this is a good safety feature.

Standard Regen

Standard Steering (I used sport for my first few thousand km)
No Creep
Standard Regen

Sport steering feels too heavy for my liking when taking turns (turning from one road to another) or doing parking lot manoeuvres. I didn't even think to try it when I tracked the car this past Wednesday. I think Standard is closest to the feel my last car (a BMW 335d) had. Comfort is nasty, it feels like the steering on my toyota sienna!

Standard Steering- I used sport for months but actually found that standard makes freeway driving much easier as it takes less correction effort to keep the car from being "jittery" and keeping it centered in the lanes.

Creep on - I think this is a good safety feature.

Standard Regen

+1. I found I needed some "breakout force" on the highway in certain situations to get the car to turn. Went from Sport to Standard and it helped.
Oh, and:
No Creep
Standard Regen