Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Power Cost Per Mile

What is your current average electricity cost per mile (pence) (excluding standing charge)

• 1 - 4

Votes: 31 88.6%
  • 5 - 8

Votes: 3 8.6%
  • 9 - 12

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 13 - 16

• 17 - 20

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Over 20

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Reactions: WannabeOwner
Given PowerWall would Octopus Agile (or similar) be cheapest?

One of the snags with Agile (or indeed any similar tariff) is if you have solar: as might be expected, the market price tends to be highest in dec/jan, just as the solar/powerwall customer is wanting to draw from the grid. In effect, standard tariffs have a small hidden subsidy to solar users.

For powerwall without solar it might be a good match, but I'm not sure Tesla give you the right tools to benefit from it - at the present time, if you want to play the arbitrage game I think you need batteries from another source and DIY management software.

Reactions: WannabeOwner
download 12 months of half hourly data

I only had a look at the first TAB, East Midlands, but that only has 63 half-hour slots, since 20-Dec-2017 (first was 31-Dec-2017) which have been below 5p ... so getting Octopus Go at 5p and putting that in your battery would be a better deal.

Out of 270,000 half-hour rates only 3 were negative, 60 < 5p. 551 >=31p, 1297 >30p, 407 >25p, 930 >20p. The vast majority were 10p or 15p

I thought the idea of ToU / Agile was to get Best Rates ...

Reactions: gangzoom