Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Power Frunk by TeslaOffer

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Would've been so much better for Tesla to either offer this as a standard or an add-on option, depending on the model variant.
Tesla is focusing on turning a profit right now. The best way at the moment is to focus on churning out as many cars as possible. The more variants/options they offer, the less effective they are in this early stage in their development. As much as we would love to have purchased our cars exactly as we wanted, they need to keep things streamlined for now.

Reactions: M109Rider
Tesla is focusing on turning a profit right now. The best way at the moment is to focus on churning out as many cars as possible. The more variants/options they offer, the less effective they are in this early stage in their development. As much as we would love to have purchased our cars exactly as we wanted, they need to keep things streamlined for now.

How is that working out? Do tell ... :rolleyes:

Hi guys. TeslaOffer’s support is amazing. Regarding the question on canbus and Tesla altering it. They actually did in a recent update. TeslaOffer had a sw update in 24hrs that was easily installable via SD card. They are easily available on WhatsApp and given that they have been in this business for so long I would trust them over any other 3rd party.

• Informative
Reactions: hoang51
Correct, the powered frunk does not utilize CAN bus for operation. Its just a substitute for what is already there.
Why not get it at the cheaper price then?

Why would getting it from the manufacturer not be a good idea? Tesla Offer is charging a huge markup just because they can send you the new memory card? Isn't there another way to get this?

Sounds like I should just avoid the Trunk kit to be honest, but at $300 I'm interested in doing the frunk. I have the auto open struts which are nice, but I hate closing the frunk.

Why not get it at the cheaper price then?

Why would getting it from the manufacturer not be a good idea? Tesla Offer is charging a huge markup just because they can send you the new memory card? Isn't there another way to get this?

Sounds like I should just avoid the Trunk kit to be honest, but at $300 I'm interested in doing the frunk. I have the auto open struts which are nice, but I hate closing the frunk.

All of your questions are for Tesla Offer.

Its totally your call as to what to buy and why.

There are folks out there - where their trunk lift does not work anymore. Too bad for them in not being able to contact the Original Manufacturer. Tesla has changed CAN and their trunk lifts no longer work.

Why would getting it from the manufacturer not be a good idea? Tesla Offer is charging a huge markup just because they can send you the new memory card?
I recall reading in these forums (not sure if it was this thread) that Tesla Offer provided users with the necessary fix when Tesla made the changes that disabled the original setup. This may or may not be justification to you for the higher price, but I have always favored someone whom I feel will provide support after the sale.

I recall reading in these forums (not sure if it was this thread) that Tesla Offer provided users with the necessary fix when Tesla made the changes that disabled the original setup. This may or may not be justification to you for the higher price, but I have always favored someone whom I feel will provide support after the sale.

Indeed they did provide support after purchase.