Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Premium Connectivity cost $9.99/month for many Model 3 versions

Will you subscribe to premium connectivity?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The free premium was included if you configured and ordered before midnight June 30, 2018. Are those of you with the trial checking to see if the features are enabled either in the menu or tapping the icon on the screen?
I'm trying by checking for the icons on the maps screen. There are NO icons for traffic or sat view. Only supercharged

Last edited:
Just woke up to this email as well.....maybe it's the lack of sufficient morning coffee, but I found it a bit confusing......????

Under "Will there be a trial period for Premium Connectivity?" it reads:
For all Model S, Model X and Model 3 with Premium Interior ordered on or after July 1, 2018, a Premium Connectivity trial is provided for one year, beginning at the delivery date. After the trial ends, Premium Connectivity will be available as a subscription via your Tesla Account.

Like many many others, we (thought we) ordered our M3 in April 2016, following the release reveal?? So are we all considered "pre-July 1??"

Just woke up to this email as well.....maybe it's the lack of sufficient morning coffee, but I found it a bit confusing......????

Under "Will there be a trial period for Premium Connectivity?" it reads:
For all Model S, Model X and Model 3 with Premium Interior ordered on or after July 1, 2018, a Premium Connectivity trial is provided for one year, beginning at the delivery date. After the trial ends, Premium Connectivity will be available as a subscription via your Tesla Account.

Like many many others, we (thought we) ordered our M3 in April 2016, following the release reveal?? So are we all considered "pre-July 1??"
Nah...that was a reservation. Ordering is when you actually configured and put down the order money.

Reactions: Sherlo
It had been speculated that to keep our premium connectivity package Tesla would charge $100 a year. But, I got an email from them saying they want $9.99 a month ($119.88 a year). This kind of rubs me the wrong way, especially since I paid a premium for my AWD LR Model 3. Some might say the almost $20 more a year isn't that much. Maybe, but remember that subscription based anything, always ends up with increases every year. And part of the reason I bought a Tesla, was to lower my overall cost to drive.
Thats it?

This shouldn't require a software update. Just an update to the car configuration like an autopilot or FSD purchase. They just need to set the existing configuration options of FEATURE_satelliteMapTilesEnabled and FEATURE_trafficMapTilesEnabled to true in the gateway configuration. I'd guess they're still working out the backend method of doing that.

Nobody likes paying more money, but traffic visualization and Spotify over LTE make it worth it to me (although it bites a little that I would have gotten it for free if I had ordered a few weeks earlier back in 2018). Also happy that they are apparently making Netflix/Hulu over LTE permanent for subscribers (used it a few times on boring supercharging breaks). I doubt that they are making much if any money on this given that they have to pay AT&T for the data.

Nope, nothing yet, I checked to see if there were new settings. So maybe later.

BTW, someone had asked if we SR+ can get the Sat Nav & Live Traffic Visual. I remember when I hacked in by looking for hiding Easter eggs, I got all premium screen features for like 5 or 10 minutes.

Here’s a picture of it on my SR+ Will post it later when I get WiFi.

Fred

Last edited:
My 2016 Volt came with 3 free years of Premium OnStar and Sirius. I let them both lapse when the free trial ended - although I miss the ability to send a destination to the factory nav. The Volt does have Apple CarPlay, but it has a very slow response time to everything, so I never use it. I knew the premium subscription was coming when I took delivery of my 3 Performance last December, so I am okay with it and subscribed this morning.....

Reactions: house9 and Matt L